Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

True but now Race pretty much has to start. Which means he can’t spell TJD and TJD will have to slide over and cover for Race when Race is on the Bench. So more minutes for Brunk. 
 

Where as if Hunter and Smith had been our starters Race could have been their guy off the bench. Which means Brunk would only have to play when TJD needed a breather.  
 

That or we go to a 3 guard line up. 

I would think with his athleticism, Geronimo has a chance to earn serious minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The leaving of Smith I think just helps the offense. Obviously hurts the defense but we should be able to play pretty fast still and be able to play more 3-guard lineups with Thompson and Hunter at the 4. Or still play big with Hunter/Thompson/TJD. Which should be the goal. We have lineups that can give us good offense and defense with length and athleticism. Plus Race and Hunter finally have a good year under their belts. I’m excited to see Hunter. Archie can get pretty creative now with lineups and should. Especially in all the cupcake games. Hope Smith the best, but IU still comes out looking good. Just have to keep Lander and TJD healthy.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I would think with his athleticism, Geronimo has a chance to earn serious minutes.

 If Geronimo can catch a pass, make a decent one, dribble some, shoot a little and finish at the rim he's already ahead of Smith.Other than a highlight dunk every now and then Justin gave nothing offensively and drove me crazy watching him.

 Defensively he was pretty damm good and we'll miss that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t like watching a team that’s offensively challenged. When Justin played the wing it messed up our offensive flow. He was good at defense but sometimes it seemed like he checked out and brought others down with him.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

 If Geronimo can catch a pass, make a decent one, dribble some, shoot a little and finish at the rim he's already ahead of Smith.Other than a highlight dunk every now and then Justin gave nothing offensively and drove me crazy watching him.

 Defensively he was pretty damm good and we'll miss that.


Disagree.

There will not be a freshmen that has system recognition at the level of a very intelligent senior.

He may shoot it as well or better, but he won’t have near the understanding of spacing and cuts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:


Disagree.

There will not be a freshmen that has system recognition at the level of a very intelligent senior.

He may shoot it as well or better, but he won’t have near the understanding of spacing and cuts.

 

This is my main concern all of a sudden we are trying to rationalize how a non 5 star freshmen is going to help us fill the gap. That’s not what successful programs do. 
 

We have like no margin for injuries now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Agree, that market has been picked pretty clean by now.  

We would have to coax somebody to enter the portal because they see a chance at minutes.  
 

Has it dawned on Brooks that he’s not in Cals plans yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brass Cannon said:

We would have to coax somebody to enter the portal because they see a chance at minutes.  
 

Has it dawned on Brooks that he’s not in Cals plans yet?

But Brooks would have to sit a year since the one-time waiver rule will not take effect for at least another year.    As to your other point, it's certainly possible that word could find it's way to another player with immediate eligibility pointing out the opportunity that exists in Bloomington.  Not that I'm condoning tampering of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

But Brooks would have to sit a year since the one-time waiver rule will not take effect for at least another year.    As to your other point, it's certainly possible that word could find it's way to another player with immediate eligibility pointing out the opportunity that exists in Bloomington.  Not that I'm condoning tampering of course.

True. But you forget Brooks needs to be closer to home due to A family emergency.  Waivers have been granted for less.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For a guy that was a straight A student and graduate in 3 years to not know how to spell Kelley School of Business and to call our warm ups pinstripes is a bit odd


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Do we really believe he thinks they’re called pinstripes? Me thinks it was just a little dig on the way out..


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:


Disagree.

There will not be a freshmen that has system recognition at the level of a very intelligent senior.

He may shoot it as well or better, but he won’t have near the understanding of spacing and cuts.

 

I wasn't saying that.I realize he's not going to come in and replace Smith.But with more minutes available and If the kid can shoot ,rebound some and occasionally take his man off the dribble he may carve out a role.I was being sarcastic to a point but there is some truth in saying Justin had terrible hands was a terrible passer and couldn't shoot a lick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:


Do we really believe he thinks they’re called pinstripes? Me thinks it was just a little dig on the way out..


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I thought the same thing. Saying pinstripes, misspelling Kelley, and then thanking the university and the basketball program but not specifically the coaches. All of those made me think they were subtle digs. I still wish him the best, but if this was indeed dripping with sarcasm, both sides are better off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Not upset about this. Best of luck to him wherever he lands though.

Wonder what Painter would have to say about this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious if TJD would want/need to show the NBA he can do more away from the basket. While we want him to play a lot at center he may have other amibitions


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×