Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/02 7:00PM ET Indiana vs Northwestern FS1

2 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

This sounds so strange, but I couldn't sleep, so I decided to get up and watch the 2nd half live.  It is 2:00 AM here.  :) 

Did Ramsey start or Penix?

Penix, played about a half and looks to be hurt again.

1 minute ago, jmsgws said:

This sounds so strange, but I couldn't sleep, so I decided to get up and watch the 2nd half live.  It is 2:00 AM here.  :) 

Did Ramsey start or Penix?

Penix.....and then he got hurt near the end of the half.

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Rumor floating around here is that they think Penix has a broken collarbone.

He did it on the play where he ran near the goal line and got crushed by a couple NU linemen. I actually out loud mentioned to my dad that Penix just hurt his collarbone and hopefully it's nothing serious.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Then he really is made of glass. No hit he took that half should of broke a collarbone. I have broken mine and it takes really hard trauma to do that even in football. No hit he took that half even on his scrambles should of broken anything. Period

1 minute ago, Crimson and Cream said:

For anyone at the game, have the students stayed for the second half?

I just got a snap chat from my son.  He told me that there are almost ZERO students in the stands for the 2nd half.  

EVERYONE needs to get behind Ramsey. His toughness is what this team needs to embody the rest of the season. Still have a chance to win 9 and make this one of the most special seasons in IU program history! Also, win this and IU Football WILL be ranked...we can at least say that for 2 weeks with the bye. Let’s enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

And where did this 'rumor' come from. No hit he took in that half should of broken anything. That is from someone I am watching with who is a doctor. 

It may not be Penix's fault but he is in the wrong game if his body gets hurt this easily and IU better recruit another QB fast once Ramsey graduates if Tuttle isn't the answer.

2 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I’m not for disrespecting anyone on the team especially Ramsey but his fans are seeing the difference between a decent defense against Ramsey vs the dumpster fire defense that is Nebraska 

He’s had two series. One of which was after they had had time to make adjustments. 

Penix has a stalled drive his first series. And was gifted with a short field his second. 

9 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Then he really is made of glass. No hit he took that half should of broke a collarbone. I have broken mine and it takes really hard trauma to do that even in football. No hit he took that half even on his scrambles should of broken anything. Period

You almost sound mad at him for breaking his collarbone. Is it his fault? Did he forget to take his anti-broken collarbone pill? It’s frustrating but I feel bad for the kid.

3 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I’m not for disrespecting anyone on the team especially Ramsey but his fans are seeing the difference between a decent defense against Ramsey vs the dumpster fire defense that is Nebraska 

Thats for sure. I like Ramsey and we can certainly hold on tonight and beat PU with him but we will get run over by UM and PSU with him. I love Ramsey but but he has limitations.