Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/02 7:00PM ET Indiana vs Northwestern FS1

1 minute ago, KingPG21 said:

And a late(ish) Saturday game for college kids who probably just want to go drink

It’s funny that night games are an excuse for us but lead to crazy environments at Penn State, ND, LSU, etc etc.

From what I’ve read through the years it seems that IU night games are bad, noon games are too early, afternoon is a bad time, around Labor Day Thursday/Friday/Saturday games are all bad as are sunny/rainy/cloudy/snowy/non-snowy days/afternoons/nights.

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

It’s funny that night games are an excuse for us but lead to crazy environments at Penn State, ND, LSU, etc etc.

From what I’ve read through the years it seems that IU night games are bad, noon games are too early, afternoon is a bad time, around Labor Day Thursday/Friday/Saturday games are all bad as are sunny/rainy/cloudy/snowy/non-snowy days/afternoons/nights.

I mean, you've gotta start somewhere to change the culture. Both in the locker room and with the fans

This Northwestern Offense isn't doing anything special. We are just failing to stop them. Our offense is so innovative and our defense is the opposite. Same thing Rick Venturi said about Colts a few weeks ago but their D has improved since then.

4 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

IU students just don't care about the football team. It is what it is. 

Thats why NW rarely gets TD's on offense. Very non-creative play calling with just straight runs up the middle and a few passes. Kind of like a DeBord offense. Now we just need to stop it and adjust. Its not hard based on what they are doing but can we?

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

IU students just don't care about the football team. It is what it is. 

Student tickets need to be free. If that doesn’t work, do what ISU does and make professors offer extra credit for attendance to the football game. Beating NW and PSU will help too

Just now, TheWatShot said:

How do the refs let NU jump offsides like that but we get flagged on back to back plays because somebody flinched?

He jumped forward but was far back enough that he didn’t cross the neutral zone. And flinching = false start.

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Being able to stretch the field with a big-armed QB is nice, but becomes irrelevant when you keep overthrowing your receivers by 10 yards. 

Needs to settle down a bit. Doesn’t help that he had a dlinemen come at him unblocked. He’s hitting his outside throws just needs to find the touch over the top. To be expected in his first game back

Ok part of me is officially scarred that their is an attempted fix. I usually don't buy into that but after the line moved so much and now one sided penalties you wonder if one of the ref's is involved in betting. It sounds crazy and I am probably just freaked out after the Donaghy movie today but everything happening in game sort of happened in move.