Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/02 7:00PM ET Indiana vs Northwestern FS1

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

There's no way someone gets hurt as much as Penix does. He needs to rub some dirt on it. 

There's a baseball player that gets hurt that much, Jacoby Ellsbury; it's like his body rejects the mere thought of playing.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Fitzgerald STILL screaming, jabbing a finger in the ref's face. Can football coaches be ejected for multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties?

Isn't there a reason coaches have a "get back" guy on the sideline? Fitzgerald seems like a psycho out there

Not me. Dude has balled this year.  Might even be the better QB when you have a big lead.

we’re winning with of them, regardless of who has been in there.  Let’s enjoy Penix when he’s in and Ramsey when he’s in.

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh yay another game thread where people disrespect Ramsey 

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

There's a baseball player that gets hurt that much, Jacoby Ellsbury; it's like his body rejects the mere thought of playing.

$42 million, ZERO games played. I looked on baseball reference and they had the gall to project 2020 stats and it wasn't a line of zeroes.

I'm sick of Penix being made of Glass. I was told by a source his major problem is he can't play through an ounce of pain and this certainly appears to be the case. No hit out there should of made him hurt. 

I think we have a big enough lead against this NW offense but Ramsey cannot move the ball against a decent D like this much less an even better PSU or Michigan D. Those are the games Penix is a must (and I love Ramsey) if we want any chance. If we wants to take the rest of the night off fine but be ready in two weeks for PSU and learn to play with a bit of pain or quit the game and we will get another QB. Penix is a great talent but if he can't play with a bit of pain he's in the wrong sport.

Unrelated to Penix but we are essentially watching last year's conservative Mike DeBord O in Northwestern's offense against our new and improved offense with Kalen DeBoer.  

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

$42 million, ZERO games played. I looked on baseball reference and they had the gall to project 2020 stats and it wasn't a line of zeroes.

The numbers should've just been games missed.  $20+ mil/year for a glorified Brett Gardner made of wet tissue paper, that contract was comically absurdly stupid.

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I'm sick of Penix being made of Glass. I was told by a source his major problem is he can't play through an ounce of pain and this certainly appears to be the case. No hit out there should of made him hurt. 

I think we have a big enough lead against this NW Mike Debord like offense but Ramsey cannot move the ball against a decent D like this much less an even better PSU or Michigan D. Those are the games he is a must if we want any chance. If we wants to take the rest of the night off fine but be ready in two weeks for PSU and learn to play with a bit of pain or quit the game and we will get another QB. Penix is a great talent but if he can't play with a bit of pain he's in the wrong sport.

Unrelated to Penix but we are essentially watching last year's conservative Mike DeBord O in Northwestern's offense against our new and improved offense with Kalen DeBoer.  

Then he's in the wrong sport.

Ramsey looked awful against the Northwestern defense. If he has to play the second half things could get uncomfortable.

Penix isn’t coming back this game. His parents left the stands and headed into the locker room. That’s never a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He did look terrible though. Not sure what changes about the protection when he is in. But he does seem to hold the ball a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He played 3 plays. Suddenly after being benched despite leading the team to its best season. Might take him a bit