Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Coaching Carousel

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

California fired their coach after two seasons.  Vanderbilt after 3.  We'll see if nobody wants those unstable jobs as posted on here or if we can put that theory to bed.

Geez, I'm pretty sure that if IU had gone WINLESS in conference play like Vandy (with about the same talent level that IU had this year) there'd be a lot of support for parting ways early.

51 minutes ago, Josh said:

California fired their coach after two seasons.  Vanderbilt after 3.  We'll see if nobody wants those unstable jobs as posted on here or if we can put that theory to bed.

I think if you know it’s not going to work, you should pull the plug no matter when it is. However, I’d say 95%+ of the time, you need to give a coach 4 years before moving on. 

Prohm not going anywhere.

@IASTATEAD

FollowFollow @IASTATEAD
More

Excited to announce we have agreed to a contract extension with @CoachProhm through 2025. Awesome to have a basketball coach that fits our department's culture of excellence while also having integrity, kindness and humility.

1 hour ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Prohm not going anywhere.

@IASTATEAD

FollowFollow @IASTATEAD
More

Excited to announce we have agreed to a contract extension with @CoachProhm through 2025. Awesome to have a basketball coach that fits our department's culture of excellence while also having integrity, kindness and humility.

Gotta love the jab at KU! $$$ Bill ain’t too much of any of those after the ‘while...’!!

Looks like Johnny Dawkins from UCF to head coach at Vandy.

Dawkins is 55 and went to one tournament in 8 years at Stanford. His son is likely an NBA out, and has already sat once so he’d have to be a grad transfer to play for his dad. Tacko Fall ain’t walking through that door either (even with an extra tall doorway).

Dawkins seems to be a true class act, but to me, Vandy’s hopes for the big time aren’t happening with him at the helm.

1. Houston’s Kelvin Sampson is expected to be in the mix for the Arkansas job, sources told @stadium.

0 replies6 retweets8 likes

Retweet

Direct message

BREAKING: Mike Anderson is out at Arkansas, sources told @stadium.

11 replies107 retweets82 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Mercer is close to finalizing a deal with Purdue assistant Greg Gary, source told @stadium.

1 reply10 retweets18 likes

Retweet

Direct message

UMKC is expected to hire Northwestern assistant Billy Donlon, pending contract approval, sources told @Stadium. Donlon won 109 games in six seasons as head coach at Wright State from 2010-16.

2 replies16 retweets38 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Search Firm: Nebraska Fred Hoiberg is the heavy favorite to replace Tim Miles, but if it somehow falls through here are some other names for Bill Moos (and no, Ernie Kent isn’t one of them).

2 replies11 retweets28 likes

Retweet

Direct message

I didn't particularly care for Tim Myles, but if Nebraska thinks there program is ever going to get much better than what they had under him, I think they are in for a bumpy ride.  By all means they SHOULD have been in the NCAA tourney last year (13-5 in the Big Ten and left out is ridiculous).  

Same with Mike Anderson.  Averaged a 21-13 season at Arkansas with three tourney appearances in the last five years and had a decent group coming back next year.

I didn't particularly care for Tim Myles, but if Nebraska thinks there program is ever going to get much better than what they had under him, I think they are in for a bumpy ride.  By all means they SHOULD have been in the NCAA tourney last year (13-5 in the Big Ten and left out is ridiculous).  
Same with Mike Anderson.  Averaged a 21-13 season at Arkansas with three tourney appearances in the last five years and had a decent group coming back next year.

If Hoiberg takes the job then they might. He is a very good college coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Looks like Johnny Dawkins from UCF to head coach at Vandy.

Dawkins is 55 and went to one tournament in 8 years at Stanford. His son is likely an NBA out, and has already sat once so he’d have to be a grad transfer to play for his dad. Tacko Fall ain’t walking through that door either (even with an extra tall doorway).

Dawkins seems to be a true class act, but to me, Vandy’s hopes for the big time aren’t happening with him at the helm.

Anchors Down Johnny D!