Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

yogisballin

2019 PF Oscar Tshiebwe

12 hours ago, patrickmorriso9 said:

His highlights look really good and doing that against Hurt is impressive but he kind of reminds me of Hanner...

He's almost certainly far better than Hanner, however, it looks like a lot of his performance is due to his superior physical maturity. He is basically a college ready man playing against high school boys. I'm not sure how well/quickly his game will translate when he is playing against guys as big and strong as he is. 

He's almost certainly far better than Hanner, however, it looks like a lot of his performance is due to his superior physical maturity. He is basically a college ready man playing against high school boys. I'm not sure how well/quickly his game will translate when he is playing against guys as big and strong as he is. 

Far as we know, he could be 26 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He could struggle against more physically mature players but his foot speed and playing hard will translate.

I like the patience, his hands, and his motor. He certainly had a Hanner-esque layup, but his work defensively will make any team better right now. Kids his age don't generally possess the patience it takes to really block/alter shots and he appears to live by it. Regardless of where this kid lands, I will watch him play.

Eric Bossi on the NBPA Top 100 Camp - 

You want to talk dudes who play like full grown men? Me too. So let's talk four-star big man Oscar Tshiebwe. There simply isn't a player in the country with more desire to go and rebound the ball or more physical toughness and raw power in the lane.  After starring at Iowa, Reggie Evans made a 13 year career in the NBA with the exact same attributes and it's hard not to be reminded of Evans when watching Tshiebwe play.  West Virginia has been considered the heavy favorite on this one although new Pitt coaach Jeff Capel is among those who is going to do what he can do give Bob Huggins a run.

Amazing how every player that doesn’t choose UK is one they didn’t really want. 

In this case Oscar didn’t want UK. He was going to West Virginia regardless of which school jumped in. At the April evaluations at warren central I sat in the section of his aau team. I got to talking with people that were in his circle. Since IU’s name was being brought up with him I asked about his recruitment. Everyone of them smiled and said he is going to West Virginia no matter who jumps in. Huggins was on him real early and Oscar’s current guardian was also the guardian of a current player.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, Uspshoosier said:

In this case Oscar didn’t want UK. He was going to West Virginia regardless of which school jumped in. At the April evaluations at warren central I sat in the section of his aau team. I got to talking with people that were in his circle. Since IU’s name was being brought up with him I asked about his recruitment. Everyone of them smiled and said he is going to West Virginia no matter who jumps in. Huggins was on him real early and Oscar’s current guardian was also the guardian of a current player.

But did the guardian's ex-wife buy WV bumper stickers 20 years ago...