Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

NIT Bubble Watch

UPDATE: #1 Southeast Louisiana 89, Sam Houston State 79.

#1 Hampton 96, North Carolina A&T 86.

#1 Buffalo 78, Kent State 61.

1 seeds are now 5/5 on the day, four more games to see if our still alive but barely breathing NIT chances make it to tomorrow.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This... is... happening...?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Still a ton of games left, but it's been fun nonetheless. Four of the five teams that won today are now in their championship games.

I just realized Nevada is ranked #22 and Lunardi has them as a 6 seed. We can probably disregard the rest of the Mountain West tourney. However, I saw the second half of their game yesterday and they were pretty fun to watch.

I just realized Nevada is ranked #22 and Lunardi has them as a 6 seed. We can probably disregard the rest of the Mountain West tourney. However, I saw the second half of their game yesterday and they were pretty fun to watch.

If they don’t win it they will get an at-large bid which will steal a bid from a bubble team. That will knock a team that would of made it down to a 1 seed for the NIT. That would still take away a spot for IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

If they don’t win it they will get an at-large bid which will steal a bid from a bubble team. That will knock a team that would of made it down to a 1 seed for the NIT. That would still take away a spot for IU

Not if San Diego State wins it. They're a projected 5 seed in the NIT. It would just be teams above us moving around.

So I guess we still need SDSU to win the Mountain West tourney. I'm starting to get the hang of this NIT bubble biz.

Not if San Diego State wins it. They're a projected 5 seed in the NIT. It would just be teams above us moving around.

So I guess we still need SDSU to win the Mountain West tourney. I'm starting to get the hang of this NIT bubble biz.

Go Aztecs
They are embarrassing Nevada

UPDATE: POP!

Cal State Fullerton 55, #1 UC-Davis 52. UC-Davis scores 3 points in the last 7 minutes and bricks 3 free throws in the last 5 seconds. Down by 1 with 5 seconds left, they missed two from the line and immediately fouled. Fullerton made one of two and proceeded to foul with 1.2 on the clock. UC-Davis made the first, and Fullerton took a timeout to ice the shooter. It worked. He bricked the second and thanks to those mental midgets from UC-Davis, our NIT hopes likely just died.

It's a shame too, because #1 Montana won in overtime after being down by six with a minute left in regulation. That required Northern Colorado missing 2 free throws with 1 second left. I wonder if Jordan Hulls will reach out to those poor bastards from Northern Colorado and UC-Davis and tell them "It's ok, I remember how scary it was to go to the line in the final seconds, with everyone watching you, and all that...pressure..."

I'm not going to bother with tomorrow's games unless some NIT bracketologist blows smoke up my butt about how we still have a chance. Seven automatic bids have gone out now, and I think the only way we get in is if one or more teams decide they don't want to play in it.

It's been real, gents.

I can’t believe you guys are doing this. I’ve really enjoyed watching this team get better this year BUT I think I’ve seen enough. Hard for me to get excited for a possibility of the NIT bid

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ve seen enough also. That last Rutgers game did it for me. But, if others want to see them play again, that’s cool.

Revenge of the lower seeds...lol. I think we're now firmly entrenched in the NIT's "Next Four Out." It's a shame we've already sworn off on the CBI; creating a road map to the Not Good Enough for the Not Invited Tournament would have been another fun exercise in mocking our program's ineptitude.

Revenge of the lower seeds...lol. I think we're now firmly entrenched in the NIT's "Next Four Out." It's a shame we've already sworn off on the CBI; creating a road map to the Not Good Enough for the Not Invited Tournament would have been another fun exercise in mocking our program's ineptitude.

Can't Be Invited!

19 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Had we beat Rutgers, would we have got in?

I doubt it. 1 seeds are dropping like flies today. We might have been able to withstand a few more than we did, but in the end, our record just wasn't good enough to ward off all these conference champions who buckled under title-game pressure.