Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

Potential Transfers

I think CAM works to keep this as a core for next season: Morgan, Smith, Greene, Moore and McRoberts.  Possibly Durham.  Pickup up a grad student with a year of eligibility left, and a couple of tough minded JUCO transfers to go along with the incoming class.  And Romeo if we can lure him to Bloomington.

1 hour ago, HoosierinNC said:

I think CAM works to keep this as a core for next season: Morgan, Smith, Greene, Moore and McRoberts.  Possibly Durham.  Pickup up a grad student with a year of eligibility left, and a couple of tough minded JUCO transfers to go along with the incoming class.  And Romeo if we can lure him to Bloomington.

IMO I'd swap Durham for Green and the jury's still out on Moore as a core player for next season.

Not sure on Greene or Durham. Both iffy imo and I'm not supper impressed by Durham to be honest. Plus we have guys coming in who should play over him imo. I think Devon will stay.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think Green leaves with Robert coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, Janitor just posted this on twitter..... also replied to another tweet where someone said “ can’t wait to see Crean’s players gone” with “they can’t wait to be gone”. I’m guessing there’s a pretty major overhaul..46b476d5fd92c555f66f2cc9dd281cbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Anyone know if Morgan will be able to graduate? He has had some big games this year but he has had several games where he just did not care to be out there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Interesting, Janitor just posted this on twitter..... also replied to another tweet where someone said “ can’t wait to see Crean’s players gone” with “they can’t wait to be gone”. I’m guessing there’s a pretty major overhaul..46b476d5fd92c555f66f2cc9dd281cbc.jpg&key=c0a3a96465346e0481dff6b1bf509e1dfca6eea7e606faca80c928590503e936

Wow. It's the Hoosier apocalypse....... Again. At least next year might be interesting with a brand new roster.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Interesting, Janitor just posted this on twitter..... also replied to another tweet where someone said “ can’t wait to see Crean’s players gone” with “they can’t wait to be gone”. I’m guessing there’s a pretty major overhaul..46b476d5fd92c555f66f2cc9dd281cbc.jpg

Good to see times are dark enough that we're entertaining this clown again.

35 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Thanks for the read.  I enjoyed it but to be honest a lot of the article is typical "coach-speak". I'm not qualified to be a coach but would probably have said 90% of what he said because protecting the borders, getting the right kind of kid, the fit is important, etc., etc.,  is basically interviewing 101. I do not mean this to be a negative comment but rather an acknowledgment that a lot of what CAM said was just basic comments that 95% of coaches make.

The only player that is doing well under Archie is Morgan. How is it that almost no one else is finding success? That's concerning that we can't look at anyone else and think they will see a bright future here

It's easy to see why. Going from "do whatever you want" to "there is a system and you'll be held accountable" is difficult. The players are about as tough as a wet paper sack. I truly believe we'll see an addition by multiple subtractions.

I believe it was Fran Frischilla who said a coach who can recruit a develop tough players will win a lot of games. That's the way CAM won at Dayton. I hope, and believe, that's what we'll see our program get back to.

Interesting, Janitor just posted this on twitter..... also replied to another tweet where someone said “ can’t wait to see Crean’s players gone” with “they can’t wait to be gone”. I’m guessing there’s a pretty major overhaul..46b476d5fd92c555f66f2cc9dd281cbc.jpg&key=c0a3a96465346e0481dff6b1bf509e1dfca6eea7e606faca80c928590503e936

I thought the janitor had gone into hiding!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

This is my armchair psychologist take on what may be going on with some of the players:

My W.A.G. is that when CAM came in he told the players that they were going to have to work their butts off every day and they -thought- they knew what that meant.  As the season proceeded, they came to realize it was a lot more work and dedication than they believed and some have decided it's not for them.  I remember Knight (and other coaches) talk about how a player never understands work/effort - they think they're giving it their all but have to learn they have much more in them.  It seems pretty obvious from the many comments from those of us who've watched IU basketball for decades that this group doesn't appear to be "leaving it all out on the court".

This is my armchair psychologist take on what may be going on with some of the players:
My W.A.G. is that when CAM came in he told the players that they were going to have to work their butts off every day and they -thought- they knew what that meant.  As the season proceeded, they came to realize it was a lot more work and dedication than they believed and some have decided it's not for them.  I remember Knight (and other coaches) talk about how a player never understands work/effort - they think they're giving it their all but have to learn they have much more in them.  It seems pretty obvious from the many comments from those of us who've watched IU basketball for decades that this group doesn't appear to be "leaving it all out on the court".

Shhhheeeet...
Watching this team I'm not sure they're leaving anything on the court.