Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mdn82

Three Year Rebuild?

I see no reason we aren't a tournament team next year. We still could this year but unlikely. We are not as bad as some are portraying. Road losses at the ville and seaton hall and at Michigan is nothing to blow out of proportion. Home loss to duke isnt terrible either. This Saturday is huge though have to have it

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

27 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I see no reason we aren't a tournament team next year. We still could this year but unlikely. We are not as bad as some are portraying. Road losses at the ville and seaton hall and at Michigan is nothing to blow out of proportion. Home loss to duke isnt terrible either. This Saturday is huge though have to have it

It's all about your good wins.  We don't have any, and the B1G season won't even give us many good opportunities for them this year.  Outside of MSU and Purdue, the conference is terrible.

It's all about your good wins.  We don't have any, and the B1G season won't even give us many good opportunities for them this year.  Outside of MSU and Purdue, the conference is terrible.

It’s all about good rpi wins(committee still uses it) and as bad as the B1G is as we sit today they have 6 teams in the rpi top 55. Now using rpi this early is useless but just wanted to point out that there will be resume building wins to be had outside of Purdue and Michigan st. If u are a Ken Pom guy there are 9 B1G teams in the top 60

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You are correct.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If we win Saturday and beat Purdue at iu and get enough wins over the bad big ten teams i think it would still be enough

I can see this team getting a few wins in the NIT amd that's about it. Team is slowly improving overall which is good enough for me this year. Next year, get in the dance and even win a game. Year after that, we need to be legit. So yea, starting at year 3, we should be on kill mode.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

You should probably prepare to be disappointed then.

I still have a little faith in the Hoosiers. Only reason, I see us getting better each and every single game. Well two reasons, also coach Archie.

18 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

I'm just using common sense. This team is not good enough to get in and has no shooters. Winning Saturday would be a massive upset.

One thing that has me a little hopeful for Saturday is that ND doesn't have a lot of size or shot-blockers. I'm holding out hope that RoJo can get to the rim and finish and also get to the line and sink some free throws to maybe get his shooting confidence back. I guess I'm hoping this is a matchup that could get RoJo going a bit, as he struggles against length. 

On the flip side, ND could destroy us from deep on the other end. 

21 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Alk kinds of guys on peegs were drinking major major crean kool aid. They thought year two which was a fiasco would be a bubble ncaa team. I believe in year three they expected big things and we won three big ten games.

There were people on Peegs saying we could be an NIT team in his first season.

There were people on Peegs saying we could be an NIT team in his first season.
Yep it was unreal but soon went to the 1st three years don't count. It was amazing to me people could not see he wasn't a good coach
It was a bad hire.

Any one else tired of "rebuilding"?  I feel like we were in a rebuild mode at least the past 9 years. 
I'm beyond tired of it. If Archie doesn't work out im probably done following iu seriously. Twenty give years of patience slowly takes away your passion.

Creans whole tenure was a rebuild. The rebuild ends when you become consistently good. Not the roller coaster which was crean.

No, just no. Then 95% of all teams are constantly rebuilding. That is the most ludicrous thing I have read in a while. That is not close to the definition.

Rebuild - Build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed.

No, just no. Then 95% of all teams are constantly rebuilding. That is the most ludicrous thing I have read in a while. That is not close to the definition.

Rebuild - Build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed.

Crean left the program in a mess. He got a couple lucky years because of zeller and syracuse throwing Bryant into his lap. He never rebuilt anything.

On 12/12/2017 at 8:10 AM, Josh said:

We have the talent to be in the tournament this year. If we're not, I'll be highly disappointed

I respectfully disagree. De'Ron Davis and Juwan Morgan are our best players by far and neither of them fix our issues behind the arc. Our guard play is flat out embarrassing to watch. Robert Johnson was the highest rated guard we have and he cant hit a wide open jumper to save his life. We have ZERO depth off the bench. If this team makes the tournament this year, then we will have all witnessed a true miracle.