Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Archie Miller Press Tour 2017

Good listen. "We have some people who love Indiana, and some veterans, it's really a mixture".

Lol. It's going to be a tough year. I don't know what to expect but my expectations are really low.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Top half of the B1G and a tourney invite. We'll struggle with depth but some young players will get much needed run.

We lose Hartman, Johnson, McSwain, Newkirk, and MSB for sure after next season. A few impact freshmen and a core of upperclassmen in Morgan, Davis, Green, and Jones will lead the program to a top 4 B1G the following season.

3 hours ago, rebelcc said:

Long time reader but have never posted.  This just happens to be my daughter.  Kenya had written Coach Miller as an assignment in her 2nd grade class.  She asked if he liked IU, if he thought he would be a good coach, where was his favorite place to eat, and what did he like about IU the most.  She had sent this just before the April Evaluation Period.  I let her know that he was extremely busy and may not be able to write back (He was just hired, 100s of interviews, hiring coaching staff, evaluation period, recruiting his own players, etc.).  To our amazement, she received this letter back very quickly - it was even postmarked the day he would have left for the April Evaluation in Texas I believe.  In looking at dates, he would have had to of written her back within a day of receiving it which baffles me.  I couldn't have been more impressed.  Needless to say, my daughter is a BIG FAN of Coach Miller. 

Thats awesome. I'm sure that is something she'll never forget either.  

Welcome to the posting side of the board, dont be a stranger.

9 hours ago, rebelcc said:

Long time reader but have never posted.  This just happens to be my daughter...... 

I had the same experience with someone famous when I was in 4th grade. I didn't get a hand written response like your daughter received, but getting a response nonetheless was exhilarating. I'm sure Archie/IU has gained a fan for life.

I had the same experience with someone famous when I was in 4th grade. I didn't get a hand written response like your daughter received, but getting a response nonetheless was exhilarating. I'm sure Archie/IU has gained a fan for life.

Was your similar experience with Tijan or Haris Mujezinovic? 

Cause that'd be cool.

36 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Was your similar experience with Tijan or Haris Mujezinovic? 

Cause that'd be cool.

I wish. It was some guy that floundered in minor league ball in the White Sox organization.

Tonight's the annual Huber Farms event in Southern Indiana.  This is a collection of tweets from various individuals on what they heard from CAM and Fred Glass.

New coach Archie Miller has helped double the crowd size at Huber Farms alumni gathering in southern Indiana.

Archie Miller says at Huber that he doesn't have one dedicated plan for open scholarship. Says it needs to be what's best for program.   Also says Vijay Blackmon will have an opportunity to be a part of program as a walk-on. 

Archie Miller: Collin Hartman (knee) should be ready for the season.

Archie Miller said today that De'Ron Davis is already down 16 pounds (from 271 to 255) since the beginning of offseason workouts.  Miller high on his progress.

Archie on team health: "I think health-wise, we’re in a good way … I think as we approach the summer, all hands will be on deck."

Indiana AD Fred Glass says IU-Kentucky series resuming in the next five years is a realistic possibility

This is CAM's response to a question about the open scholly

DBMGzTDUMAAhv_g.jpg

Linke to a 13 min. video clip of the Q & A at the Huber event.  

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/05/31/video-archie-miller-addresses-the-media-at-hubers-winery/

As if his life isn't hectic enough already, he puts something together like this.  What a great opportunity for some father/son bonding in a great atmosphere.

IU News Release:  Archie Miller has added a Parent/Son Camp on Fathers Day Weekend. The camp will be held June 15 and 16 with registration to begin at noon on the 15th and concluding at noon on the 16th."