Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, Fkfootball1 said:

Perhaps Alford is the best we can do?

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

While I hope not, I don't know if we'd ever know that for sure.  When the guy is announced, you know it will be characterized as "we got our guy, he's the one we wanted from the very start" sort of thing.

2 things:

1. First of all this doom and gloom about Alford sounds a lot like the doom and gloom on this board when everyone thought we were keeping Crean the day before he was fired.

2. As I keep saying the longer Alford stays in the tourney the better. If he can put a Final Four Appearance (or even National Championship) on his resume either UCLA is going to fight hard to keep him and not let us have him or all our fans will feel better about hiring him with this years success on his resume (I know I will). Also if he's in the tourney for 2 more weeks maybe we start looking around at other names who are available and hire them first. No matter what the longer Alford goes its a win-win.   

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

Guy at work yesterday said Dakich said we got Alford. I'M guessing he read something. I know Dakich said we got our guy already but I didn't think he said Alford's name other than how we should go get him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Doyle's article about the Alford noise yesterday included a quote from Dakich that Dakich directly texted him. "the deal (with) Alford is done". 

Has me kind of worried because I usually like to write both of them off, but 247 guys are saying to stay the course, so I'll continue to believe for now. 

Edited by Capt. Crimson