Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, Capt. Crimson said:

Doyle's article about the Alford noise yesterday included a quote from Dakich that Dakich directly texted him. "the deal (with) Alford is done". 

Has me kind of worried because I usually like to write both of them of, but 247 guys are saying to stay the course, so I'll continue to believe for now. 

Dakich is either (1) a troll and just speculating and/or (2) a s#!tty friend of SA.  If an offer truly was made, wouldn't SA be pretty peeved at his supposed buddy for spilling the beans (especially while he is still in the tourney)?  SA may end up being our next coach (I hope not), but you can't trust a thing out of Dakich's mouth.

'I'm not going to be the Alabama coach' Nick Saban Dec 21 2006.
Less than 2 weeks later he was. 

Believe everybody. 

You guys always bring up Saban. Saban. Saban. Saban.
That's like being a one trick pony.

Haven't you got any other examples? Or are their none?

9 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Doyle's article about the Alford noise yesterday included a quote from Dakich that Dakich directly texted him. "the deal (with) Alford is done". 

Has me kind of worried because I usually like to write both of them off, but 247 guys are saying to stay the course, so I'll continue to believe for now. 

Dakich to Doyle: "The deal (with) Alford is done."

• Meaning #1: The deal is in place; Alford will be the next IUBB coach.
  • Meaning #2: Alford tried for a deal and failed; he's done, as in 'done for' as a candidate.

Dakich has covered his bases with that statement. You guys don't think Dakich is aware he could have instead said "The decision and agreement has been finalized for Alford to be the next IUBB coach."?

Of course he knows he could have said that. And he didn't.

To the Donovan "insiders"... More reports this morning that Donovan is completely happy at OKC. 

Not willing to get my hopes up on this one. There is nothing I've seen that makes me think there is any shot of him coming to IU. There are zero ties between him and the program. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

"The deal (with) Alford is done."

• Meaning #1: The deal is in place; Alford will be the next IUBB coach.
  • Meaning #2: Alford tried for a deal and failed; he's 'done for' as a candidate.

Dakich has covered his bases with that statement. You guys don't think Dakich is aware he could have instead said "The decision and agreement has been finalized for Alford to be the next IUBB coach."?

Of course he knows he could have said that. And he didn't.

Don't shoot the messenger! lol

Has me kind of worried because I usually like to write both of them off, but 247 guys are saying to stay the course, so I'll continue to believe for now. 

I I know Dakich likes to say things to to get ratings but I just can't believe he would say that about Alford if he didn't know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

To the Donovan "insiders"... More reports this morning that Donovan is completely happy at OKC. 

Not willing to get my hopes up on this one. There is nothing I've seen that makes me think there is any shot of him coming to IU. There are zero ties between him and the program. 

Why are people so caught up in ties to the program. He didn't have any ties to the thunder when he went there. They had a good opportunity

3 minutes ago, BigCatHoosier said:

Dakich is either (1) a troll and just speculating and/or (2) a s#!tty friend of SA.  If an offer truly was made, wouldn't SA be pretty peeved at his supposed buddy for spilling the beans (especially while he is still in the tourney)?  SA may end up being our next coach (I hope not), but you can't trust a thing out of Dakich's mouth.

That's a really, REALLY good point.  Why would you spill the beans on a deal involving someone you are friends with? Not unless SA wants him to (and if that is the case, it would be more likely to negotiate a pay raise from UCLA).  Otherwise, he'd be a real 'slappy' as he loves to say and show himself to be a real publicity *****.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/13270087/nick-saban-not-only-coach-leave-professing-allegiance
http://es.pn/1MwZTT9

2 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Lots of coaches in both football and basketball. Every year there is a story about a football coach ditching his team before a bowl game for a better job. How about the guy Illinois just hired? Left Oklahoma State after 1 year because they tripled his salary. OK State AD found out about it on twitter.

Usually that all comes down to money. I have no idea how that normal course of events fits with Donovan though because he's already making $6 million per year. Hard to believe we could give him a significant raise. He'd have to really want to leave the NBA to make it happen.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I hope IF it's Alford, the fanbase can give him a solid 3 years of support to prove himself in the way we did for Crean. The hatred towards him has me scared of what could be coming.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Preface: If we hire Alford.

Conversely, I hope that given the solid 3 years (or 4-5) and things seem similar or worse to Crean, we do not keep him around for 9 years as we did Crean.  I'll give him 3-4 years before being too critical on the season outcome but by then we all should be able to tell where this is headed and if isn't headed in a good direction, then we need to cut ties and try again.  If its going good, then great, keep it going.

20 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

'I'm not going to be the Alabama coach' Nick Saban Dec 21 2006.

Less than 2 weeks later he was. 

Believe everybody. 

To be fair, there are also a lot of examples of coaches saying something like that and staying put.

9 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Here's another example:

"Memphis is where I want to be"- John Calipari about a week before slithering to pUKe

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Why are people so caught up in ties to the program. He didn't have any ties to the thunder when he went there. They had a good opportunity

I'm more caught up on the fact that it makes no sense to leave a $6MM salary and coaching the NBA's MVP for a playoff team... Also, all of the rumors swirling around are pretty much exculsively coming from message board posters who heard something from their brother's, girlfriend's, ex mother in law.