Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

We can't discount for age. We need to be elite. If it lasts only 15-20 years before another hire so be it. But we need the guarantee over the younger risky higher. 

Donovan is no guarantee.  Nobody is.  Donovan has a good pedigree on paper; but his last championship was a decade ago, and his last team at Florida had a losing record.   He sure had a great run before that, but he's not the superior coach to whoever we hire because of what his resume says.  There are no guarantees here, and I don't see another coach as any more or less risk than Donovan.  At a different time, we would replace Donovan's name with somebody else who everyone wants because he's the "best available."    Donovan's name was never mentioned when we hired Crean.  It's only mentioned now because he might be available.   Doesn't make him a guarantee.

18 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Donovan is no guarantee.  Nobody is.  Donovan has a good pedigree on paper; but his last championship was a decade ago, and his last team at Florida had a losing record.   He sure had a great run before that, but he's not the superior coach to whoever we hire because of what his resume says.  There are no guarantees here, and I don't see another coach as any more or less risk than Donovan.  At a different time, we would replace Donovan's name with somebody else who everyone wants because he's the "best available."    Donovan's name was never mentioned when we hired Crean.  It's only mentioned now because he might be available.   Doesn't make him a guarantee.

Thx Buzz Killington..

Goodnight all..

Do you have a particular preference amongst Donovan, Bennett and Alford? I think I remember seeing u were somewhat high on Alford due to the fit in Indiana.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

One team had a losing record in his last 15 years. Mostly because the AD wouldn't give him facility upgrades. 

And in the 8 years coaching college ball in the last decade. He went to 4 elite 8s and 1 FF. in 2014 trying to question his pedigree is absolutely ridiculous. He's got more tourney success in the last 6 years than IU has in the last 30

Just now, bleedhoosier said:

Do you have a particular preference amongst Donovan, Bennett and Alford? I think I remember seeing u were somewhat high on Alford due to the fit in Indiana.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

I wasn't high on it.  I just said don't write it off (or something like that....I've slept since then)   I don't particularly want any of the 3.  I'm not one who thinks we need to hire based on the most shiny resume of the coaches who might say yes at this moment in time.  That list is fluid, so to me....grabbing a current name who might be available, no matter when it happens is the wrong move; and it's what we did with Crean.  I think we need to really research it and get the right guy....no matter who he is or if any of us have heard of him or not.

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

One team had a losing record in his last 15 years. Mostly because the AD wouldn't give him facility upgrades. 

And in the 8 years coaching college ball in the last decade. He went to 4 elite 8s and 1 FF. in 2014 trying to question his pedigree is absolutely ridiculous. He's got more tourney success in the last 6 years than IU has in the last 30

Like I said, he has a good pedigree on paper.  I also sad he had a great run before his final season.  None of that makes him a guarantee; which is what I was responding to.   John Calipari has had more tournament success, too.   Lots of names on that list.  I don't blame anyone for that but poor administrative hires.

Well. Now if he fails, "I told you it was an absolute mistake. You all are idiots." If he succeeds, "I never said he would fail. Just said it wasn't a guarantee."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

53 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I appreciate your opinion but you're WRONG! Donovan is in the same sentence as K, Izzo, Pitino, Cal, Roy, Self and Boeheim. I would put him ahead of Stevens right now to because of the championships but their both pretty close to each other. Donovan is also younger than everyone I mentioned except Stevens. So he still has time to win plenty of games in the future.

157cdab784999cf93cb6910a7a2a9ae7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using BtownBanners mobile app

Some of our fans are so damn dumb, it's kind of embarrassing really. They just want a coach that played at IU. You could of put Marco Killingsworth on there and fans would of voted for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, hoosierbannerd said:

anybody watching Florida game?- Florida guard Barry shoots his free throws underhand!!  Holy ****.that is awesome!

Well, there was a Barry from a previous generation who was pretty darn good at doing it that way. Remains his claim to fame, even in commercials.