Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Either Donovan or Bennett that he wants us to hire, or that he's hearing we're hiring one of those two?

Hard to tell its Albers. He isnt sure of anything he tweets and you can tell lol. Pat Forde said IU fans are standing up for Bennett and he retweeted if not Billy D then Bennett.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

FWIW, seems to be building. A guy just posted this on 247

Been lurking around this thread religiously for the past two weeks after hearing about it from Indiana Scott on the Hoosier.com board, and since I've been here for over 15 days now (and haven't posted much there, if at all) I thought I'd join the conversation over here.
I have found the whole conversation regarding Billy D intriguing. I've been wanting him since last summer (when KD went to Golden State) because I felt with him gone BD wouldn't want to continue with the Thunder very long; he didn't sign up to not be a contender. From my sources, RW is a gifted player but a pain in the &^$% (cussing not allowed here,right?).
And if you look at BD's track record, you couldn't ask for a better coach who would consistently have you in contention for championships. His teams have always been very good defensively (occasionally great), take care of the ball and more than adequate on the offensive end (compare that to Crean, whose teams were entirely reliant on offensive execution; his teams were poor defensively and had 1 in 5 possessions end in TO's).
I know a few people (I can't say who) who have known Donovan since his days as a UK assistant under Pitino. They tell me he's a better person than he is a coach, extremely down-to-earth. I've been hearing from one of them that BD is indeed going to be our next coach, and he is a guy who has been right about a LOT of stuff that's gone on in Bloomington the last 4 years. Does that make it fact? No - but when you consider everything, it seems entirely plausible.
I know one of the insiders here is suffering from PMS (had beer shoot out my nose as I was reading that roflmao.gif ) but if anyone wants to shoot me a message I can provide what I know and compare.
Lastly - love the atmosphere over here. If every thread has the same goodwill as this one, i'll be here a while.
Evening, folks
Taz

I shared it also

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Just my opinion, I think IU will go after Steve Alford first and if that does not work out Greg Marshall. If Steve Alford goes to Indiana, I believe Marshall will go to UCLA. I think number 3 on the list is Archie Miller from Dayton. I believe the fourth and last realistic option is the coach from Butler.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BtownBanners mobile app

Sounds like a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There's only one guy I believe in to be the guy. It is Billy freaking Donovan. Give him the farm, the key to the city, the baddest b!tch in the world, the biggest Jaeger bomb, etc. Get him the f@ck to Bloomington!

Are you telling me, you'd give Sasha banks to billy ?!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Haven't been to their boards, but I've seen Tweets where OKC fans aren't happy with Billy, not sure why though.

I go to the OKC boards all the time to check on what they saw about Victor.  They aren't particularly active, but they pretty much complain about everybody, Billy included.

Just remember people Coach K got beat by Lehigh(15 seed) in the first game before and it wasnt that close. One game doesnt matter. Tont Bennett would still be a great hire.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app