Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Sure. I was just told he was somewhat homesick in Dec. Was told to watch that one, then Crean is gone and Mom loved Crean. 

Not necessarily. He could just love IU and is committed to being here regardless of who coaches. I can tell you I love my boss but love my job just as much. I would be committed to my job regardless of who my boss was. Could be something like that. 
He may know something about coaching search but it could just as easily be he loves IU regardless of who coaches him.

I was going off of what Pap was saying in this quote. This was known for a while he was most likely to transfer a while back. Also, he was a Crean guy. Most thought when Crean was fired he was transferring. It isn't as much about liking IU that I was referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Crean'sTheMan said:

I'm hoping if Green can return, he can beat out Newkirk to be the starting point guard next season.

I think he has a good shot at it. The new coach won't be beholden to any promises that were made to the players during their recruitments, so I think we'll see the best players at each position get the most playing time. 

There is a certain player who shall remain nameless that I wouldn't mind if he left after this season, but maybe a new coach could light a fire under him.

Given Newkirk's play towards the end of the year, he'll be a pretty good piece going forward.  A core of Newkirk, Green, Morgan, Davis, Moore, and Smith should be pretty good to build with.

If we can hold on to Bryant and Johnson, then we could be towards the top of the B1G.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I would not feel bad if the JBj of the past was not back.
I am extremely curious to see what a new JBj could be.

This is where I am. Who knows how good or bad these players actually are? The coach was atrocious. JBJ under Donovan intrigues me to the point where I wouldn't mind to see him back