Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 minute ago, Andrew_114 said:

Long running joke about a crazy poster that called him Middle School Bob and said he could take 5 thugs at once

Got you. Still a little odd to me but at least I get it now.

Got you. Still a little odd to me but at least I get it now.

You may be able to get one of the mods or someone to fetch the original post. It's a classic around here. I know there was a thread created specifically so new members could be initiated

If Billy Donovan is our next coach, I wouldn't be surprised if we kept everyone, including OG. Obviously that would be a long shot, for OG to come back but try and consider the momentum that would be caused from his hire. It'd be hard to pass the opportunity up.

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

If Billy Donovan is our next coach, I wouldn't be surprised if we kept everyone, including OG. Obviously that would be a long shot, for OG to come back but try and consider the momentum that would be caused from his hire. It'd be hard to pass the opportunity up.

Can't keep everyone

I would not feel bad if the JBj of the past was not back.
I am extremely curious to see what a new JBj could be.

See that's part of my problem with him. I don't believe there is such a thing as a new JBJ. We've seen what he is for three years. Why not believe who he has shown you he is?

I don't want to start the new regime with creaning 

Very common with a new coach coming in. Bob Knight even did this. Priller graduates, Hartman graduates, Gelon gets told he will never see the floor and decides to transfer. There are many ways that we can make it work. Hell if Blackmon, Bryant, OG and Hartman wanted to come back, I'd guarantee you that it would happen and none of us would complain one bit at how it was done.

Newbie question. How does Creaning happen? Looking at Stan tonight, wondering how he finds himself at URI. Do coaches facilitate 'soft landings' for transfers or do the kids have to do the work on their own to find a new school?

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don't want to start the new regime with creaning 

It is very common for a  new hire to make changes and if everyone wants to stay (which will not happen) his hand is forced anyway.

the player count will work out.  One or two will go pro, sounds like Hartman is leaning towards working, does Galon really think he belongs in BT, etc.

Newbie question. How does Creaning happen? Looking at Stan tonight, wondering how he finds himself at URI. Do coaches facilitate 'soft landings' for transfers or do the kids have to do the work on their own to find a new school?

Program will help player to find landing spot if necessary. Particularly when CCollege is the destination.

Player can opt to do it all on their own as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Newbies, read the MSB thread! It stand alone at the top of all things created by BTB.

I would really like to see Green stay and run the show from the start of next season. He's had a season under his belt and has a better feel. If he gets more run in the noncon this past season he's better in the B1G. Newkirk woujd be great as a 6th man for either guard.

Davis staying is huge. If Bryant does choose to stay a summer gaining back some of his mass would be a priority. Running a high low with Bryant being able to dump it into Davis or hit the jumper would be valuable.

Morgan, Moore, and either of Hartman or OG would shore up our 4 spot considerably Morgan really looked to have his legs back at the end of the season.

With the right coach and minimal defections, IU could compete in the conference and nationally next season. Johnson and Hartman staying should help with leadership.

Beyond shocked if reports are true. Always believed if we had coaching change Davis was a certainty to go considering how close he was to Crean. Hopefully more players feel the same way and stay with the exception of Blackmon

I honestly feel he is "cancerous" in a way to the team. Addition by subtraction??

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners