Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

having to deal with fans like that is going to draw a good coach......smh. i know he is not any indiana fan but  will be portrayed as one by media.

Why would a coach be swayed by a Maryland fan? You dont think Glass would tell every agent out there, its a Maryland fan. Total nonissue imo. 

I really want Crean to be fired and really feel bad that he needs to be.  It would have been great if he could have succeeded at IU.  I don't think that there is any doubt that he wanted to be an IU lifer.  It's like he always wanted to be a member of the club, but because of his approach he never fit in.

18 minutes ago, hoosierknight said:

Been hesitant to say this because it won't happen, but would anyone hate a Bryce Drew hire?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Pass. 

17 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Oh I found it highly entertaining, just out of line.

I'm an @$$hole too, so there is that.

I laughed my arse off at it. But I too am an ahole. 

3 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

It reminds me of the Emmitt Holt situation. Crean had no choice but to cut the kid but when Crean saw him last year in the stands, he gave Holt a hug.

Same with Crean. He needs to be let go but I'd cheer him on at his next destination.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would disagree that he had no choice about Holt.  Situation was very complicated and punishment was not the same across the board

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I would disagree that he had no choice about Holt.  Situation was very complicated and punishment was not the same across the board

Given what we know about what actually happened it was definitely an overboard punishment. Kid basically got thrown off the team for having some booze on him.