Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

15 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Agreed. I just don't get it. Even if he was fired what did he expect? He wasnt gonna leave on his own free will. He gave our AD not many options. As a coach your top priority is win and take care of your players. All the events we have held for those teams he let his players go alone. That showed me what kind of guy he is. As a coach I will always love him for the banners he gave us, but we have a better chance of Brad Stevens coming here than RMK. Sad!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Why would he want to come back though? He brought us 3 banners and made iubb what it is today, then we fired him. I don't think it's fair to expect him to come back. I know I wouldn't want to in his shoes. 

He thumbs his nose at fans whether he realizes it or not when he fundraises for Purdue. Looking back on it I think it's awful it ended the way it did. He should have never had to end his tenure here that way. But let's be honest whike the incident that happened seemed minor it it a was a culmination of bad behavior we looked the other way at. It was becoming hard and embarrassing for the school. And obviously his drop off in winning made it easier. Not saying that's fair but we enabled his bad behavior and he never took responsibility for it. I think the way Glass has reached out to Knight has been admirable. 

I have asked Jeff Eisenberg and Jon Rothstein on twitter the last few days who IU could realistically get. I know it just media members but both these guys are very honest and I respect both their opinions. Consensus is Tony Bennett, Scott Drew whether people want him or not and Dana Altman are our top tier according to them and mentioned they all seem to want to stay put so Chris Mack or Archie Miller was the two names that were said to be the best that we could get right now. I want Archie Miller almost as bad as anyone else so it isn't disappointing for me but it may be for some of you. Also Few is considered a pipe dream in their opinion as well.

According the Indy Star after talking w Jeremy Gray, IU will sign and turn in the NIT contract by the March 6 deadline. If they turn it in and we don't make the tourney we will have to play in it. This is another sucky part. What if Crean gets us to win the NIT? I was hoping we declined honestly. With the bubble so bad this year Penn State and Utah will probably be the best teams in it. Also Miami looks like a team that will be in it as well. Crean will definitely hang that banner and give rings too if we were to win. :(

11 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

According the Indy Star after talking w Jeremy Gray, IU will sign and turn in the NIT contract by the March 6 deadline. If they turn it in and we don't make the tourney we will have to play in it. This is another sucky part. What if Crean gets us to win the NIT? I was hoping we declined honestly. With the bubble so bad this year Penn State and Utah will probably be the best teams in it. Also Miami looks like a team that will be in it as well. Crean will definitely hang that banner and give rings too if we were to win. :(

You have to win 5 games to win the NIT. Not happening, especially with a group of kids who will probably be checked out by then (if they aren't already). 

Oh yeah, and it's a tournament. We know how Crean usually does in those. 

You have to win 5 games to win the NIT. Not happening, especially with a group of kids who will probably be checked out by then (if they aren't already). 

Oh yeah, and it's a tournament. We know how Crean usually does in those. 

Lol right it just seems the NIT wont have the teams it usually has in it. We will see come closer to that time, but if we don't win it compared to the talent it would be a huge disappointment. Crean could be coaching for his next big job during it too. If he wins the NIT and goes elsewhere it looks a lot better than ran IU into the ground and let go. That is why I am surprised he is wanting to do it to begin with.

34 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I have asked Jeff Eisenberg and Jon Rothstein on twitter the last few days who IU could realistically get. I know it just media members but both these guys are very honest and I respect both their opinions. Consensus is Tony Bennett, Scott Drew whether people want him or not and Dana Altman are our top tier according to them and mentioned they all seem to want to stay put so Chris Mack or Archie Miller was the two names that were said to be the best that we could get right now. I want Archie Miller almost as bad as anyone else so it isn't disappointing for me but it may be for some of you. Also Few is considered a pipe dream in their opinion as well.

I'm with you; won't be disappointed at all with Archie Miller.  He's at the top of my list, after the pipe dreams of BS and BD.  I actually like Tony Bennett a lot, but don't want any part of Scott Drew.

I would LOVE Archie Miller. This is assuming Stevens and Donovan decline the offer. I think the three current college coaches IU should target are Bennett, Miller and Marshall. But I would definitely take Bennett or Miller before Marshall. I'm torn on Bennett and Archie though