Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

18 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/17/nc-state-mark-gottfried-fired-tom-crean-gregg-marshall

Desktop link. 

Crean has won two outright Big Ten titles since 2013, and he’s considered one of the best strategists and development coaches in college basketball

What.. 

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/17/nc-state-mark-gottfried-fired-tom-crean-gregg-marshall

Desktop link. 

Crean has won two outright Big Ten titles since 2013, and he’s considered one of the best strategists and development coaches in college basketball

What.. 

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

According to that article, the reason why he is sputtering is because of us fans....what??? F Tom crean and his strategies! Get out of BTOWN

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed!  You can support a team...you don't have to support the coach!  After all, we are Hoosier Nation, not Crean Nation

6 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

To be honest.. NC State would be the best way for CTC to save face. And the media would be loving the narrative on how there is an awesome coach gonna face the legends Coach K and the dude from UNC

...and get it handed to him.

47 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I fully support continuing the narrative that Crean is a good strategist and developer of talent, and that he's highly successful despite an unrealistic fan base.  Any program like NC State would be crazy not to jump at the chance to lure away a coach of CTC's stature.  Please don't let him get away!!!!

-- Brer Rabbit

And, Raleigh has a much better climate. I mean you practically wouldnt need a tanning bed.

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

Desktop link. 

What.. 

Here's Crean's strategy...

"Let's play streetball, they won't see it coming".  When it fails, "let's keep playing streetball, no way they'll see that coming".

I wonder who (in that position) would he come back for?

I know you guys are gonna get tired of me saying his name lol, but he would 100% come back for Chris Beard. Other than that, probably Brad, Billy D, Tony, it would have to be a powerful name or Beard IMO. If you go look at the pictures from when Crean met Knight...Knight hates him. You can tell by the looks. Also since Knight tried bolting before Crean could catch him. I will give Crean this he has embraced our history better than most would I thought that would be enough. It isnt Creans fault that Bobby is an asshole. I think Bobby will come back when the money is right sadly.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I know you guys are gonna get tired of me saying his name lol, but he would 100% come back for Chris Beard. Other than that, probably Brad, Billy D, Tony, it would have to be a powerful name or Beard IMO. If you go look at the pictures from when Crean met Knight...Knight hates him. You can tell by the looks. Also since Knight tried bolting before Crean could catch him. I will give Crean this he has embraced our history better than most would I thought that would be enough. It isnt Creans fault that Bobby is an asshole. I think Bobby will come back when the money is right sadly.

Screw Bob Knight. Time to move on from Crean. Let's focus on our next coach, and who cares what either of those two think.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Screw Bob Knight. Time to move on from Crean. Let's focus on our next coach, and who cares what either of those two think. emoji854.png

Agreed - it's been more than 15 years since RMK was here -- he has NO relevance to the Topic of CTC's (hopeful) departure and successor.

I dont think hes thumbing his nose at the fans at all. Everyone else keeps bringing it up not him, its not like he keeps bringing it up that he might show up. If he doesn't want to come back he doesn't have to, people really need to stop whining about it already,

The school has bent over backwards for RMK at this point he's no longer thumbing his nose at the school administration but the fans. Im ready to move on apparently he isn't. He has to live with that regret the rest of his life. 

Agreed. I just don't get it. Even if he was fired what did he expect? He wasnt gonna leave on his own free will. He gave our AD not many options. As a coach your top priority is win and take care of your players. All the events we have held for those teams he let his players go alone. That showed me what kind of guy he is. As a coach I will always love him for the banners he gave us, but we have a better chance of Brad Stevens coming here than RMK. Sad!!

3 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I dont think hes thumbing his nose at the fans at all. Everyone else keeps bringing it up not him, its not like he keeps bringing it up that he might show up. If he doesn't want to come back he doesn't have to, people really need to stop whining about it already,

Yep. Bob Knight has never mentioned a single word about coming back

2 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

To be honest.. NC State would be the best way for CTC to save face. And the media would be loving the narrative on how there is an awesome coach gonna face the legends Coach K and the dude from UNC

Make it so, Number One.