Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Actually there is. Now we potentially play the 1 in the Sweet 16. Other option is play them in the Elite 8 and potentially place ourselves in a better spot geographically.

We would have to have beaten Purdue to change our seeding. Winning yesterday wouldn't have changed a thing.

Bottom line, my point is: in this year of CBB, it doesn't really matter that much. There are like two teams I'd be afraid to play early. We'll see tomorrow

You came here expecting "positivity" in a "Fire Tom Crean" thread, after a loss in the Big Ten Tournament to team we twice beat in the regular season?

Not at all. Maybe balance is a better word.

It just blows my mind that things can change so quickly due to a one possession loss.

It makes IU's fan base look childish

Got the feeling we're being trolled lol

I don't agree with much of what "MadaboutIndiana" posts, but he's not trolling. That word gets bandied about way too often as a means of discrediting a poster's opinion or style of expressing that opinion, and/or as an enticement to have him tossed. Madaboutindiana isn't posting random drivel, designed only to take up space in a thread; he's posting what he believes, no matter how off the mark many of us may think he is.

The sad thing to me is I think our guys played hard. They were hustling, diving, scrapping. Still lost.

Some have do said we didn't play hard. I disagree. We played hard, just not very effective.

Bob Knight was once asked after a loss, about his kids having played hard despite that loss, and he said, (and I'm paraphrasing), "It's not enough to play hard, you have to play smart. Through my years, I've seen a helluva lot of effort go in to doing something really stupid".

As I said earlier, of all the teams in the tournament, we probably have as many or more ways to be beaten, because we're so willing to assist in the effort. And we also need to remember that we're not playing against Michigan or Michigan State or Duke or Kansas, we're playing against the game of basketball, and too often, we're losing our ass.

It just blows my mind that things can change so quickly due to a one possession loss.

It's really a bit like having a spouse or significant other that engages in offending behavior. You warn them that without immediate change, you're gone; you can only take so much. And as often happens, they change, for a week or so, before things return to the way they were, and your ability to believe in them wanes. Then one day, you've had enough. You give them one last chance. They reward you with a prolonged, daily commitment. You watch as evidence mounts that they've truly turned the corner. You can actually feel your guard dropping, and your passion returning. Finally, you fully embrace them again, and all is right with the world. Then of course, you take them to an IU/Michigan tournament game and they show up wearing a blue and maize sweatshirt, and immediately you feel compelled to toss their ass to the curb. It happens that way.

What has changed due to a one possession loss? Pretty much everyone's opinions in this thread have been the same for the last couple seasons. Seems like the "negative" posters are about the only ones that don't let one game(or one season) cloud their judgment.

Every fan base goes through the same thing so no one really cares whether IU fans freak out over a loss.

The opinions remain the same... He remains the coach! We are insignificant

And this place continues to serve its purpose. A place where people can come together and gather information or vent their frustrations. You are really the only one up in arms about all of this?

And this place continues to serve its purpose. A place where people can come together and gather information or vent their frustrations. You are really the only one up in arms about all of this?

You're 100% right. It's the full blown arrogance of "the fans are right" that I don't understand. Which is fine. Things are actually fine

You're 100% right. It's the full blown arrogance of "the fans are right" that I don't understand. Which is fine. Things are actually fine

Its not arrogance. It's just fandom. Every team goes through this including Duke, UNC, and Kentucky. This here is just a platform. There are outliers in everything but very few people truly think is going to be fired after the season. They HOPE but they aren't naive.

Which fans? The ones that don't think like you? The arrogance is on both sides, not just the people you disagree with.

Which fans? The ones that don't think like you? The arrogance is on both sides, not just the people you disagree with.

The ones that are unfair in their prognostications. Doesn't matter the side

There is flat out an agenda to discredit this regime at every falter. Every single one

The ones that are unfair in their prognostications. Doesn't matter the side

There is flat out an agenda to discredit this regime at every falter. Every single one

Crean's teams have performed poorly in tournaments This is factual and many of us that have been skeptics are hoping that with this team he can start to overcome that.

We are hopeful and are not looking to discredit. When the results, however, match the unfortunate tournament fact and our hope is gone the pendulum swings back quickly.

Yeah you guys cracked the code. Crean #actually sucks. Good investigative work! Just root for the Celtics. Crean will be back

Who said he wouldn't.  I'm as critical of Crean as anyone on this board, I've been outspoken on my opinions of him as a coach, and I never thought for a second he wouldn't be back.  My opinions on why I feel that way are also known.