Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Everyone should be trolling iu. This board itself loves when something unfortunate happens to our competition me included and it don't get any more imberrassin then almost dead last on that tournament. We stink and I hope the players and crean embrace the fact that were losers and try to prove we aren't

Dan Dakich probably aids in the research. We are what we are. Crean has been pulling wool over the eyes of many for a long time including many of our site members. But when "Facts" and data are given its scary. Sadly it's even scarier because the subjective viewing of Creans program is even worse than the objective data.

Stevens or bust

While I get what you are saying and I want Stevens as much as anyone else, it wouldn't be a bust if he says no.

We can still upgrade from Crean and it's not a bust. Guys like Archie Miller, Tony Bennett, and Fred Hoiberg may or may not come but all clear upgrades and none a bust.

Where does this "he's a good coach" stuff keep coming from, even though he's shown time and again he's not?  Who are you really trying to convince, his detractors or yourselves?  Do people like him so much as an individual that they refuse to acknowledge the elephant in the room, or do they think if they say it enough times he'll magically become a good coach?  What has he shown to be called a good coach, a team collection of talent great in transition and little else?

While I get what you are saying and I want Stevens as much as anyone else, it wouldn't be a bust if he says no.

We can still upgrade from Crean and it's not a bust. Guys like Archie Miller, Tony Bennett, and Fred Hoiberg may or may not come but all clear upgrades and none a bust.

Is an upgrade truly what would unite this fan base and put us back to where people believe is our rightful spot? I personally think this is the only option for IU to put us back up with Kansas, Duke, UK, and UNC. Let's not just make a change for the sake of making a change. Let's give Stevens Calipari or Coach K money which is far more than what he is making to make this move. A change is needed but we need a splash.

Is an upgrade truly what would unite this fan base and put us back to where people believe is our rightful spot? I personally think this is the only option for IU to put us back up with Kansas, Duke, UK, and UNC. Let's not just make a change for the sake of making a change. Let's give Stevens Calipari or Coach K money which is far more than what he is making to make this move. A change is needed but we need a splash.

I agree. I know it's far fetched, but that's what I told Michigan fans about my man leaving us.

Completely agree. I think we need a splash, but I don't know who that would be. I think the only potential options would be Jay Wright and Tony Bennett. I don't think they would ever leave their programs, but the only splash hires that are potential opportunities. I think IU will go an up and comer route just because of the splash hires being limited. We will see though!

Hoiberg's not coming.   He's at his dream job, so I think we can erase him.

Archie Miller's winning % at Dayton is 66% with < 60% in his conference, and has finished 5th, 11th, 5th, and T2nd..  How is he an upgrade?  He's a name.  There are 1000 names.  He's just somebody new.   Hasn't done a thing to show he could succeed at Indiana.

Bennett's a better option as far as I'm concerned.  Has had success in a major conference, and built that program to a couple of 30 win seasons.  I don't love his offense, and I think people would get bored; but of the folks on this list, he's the one that makes the most sense.

Stephens is the logical first call but to assume he is the only option is crazy. Best, sure but not only.

There is a very big gap between Crean and Stephens and I am sure there are some options in between.

Stevens is the logical first call but to assume he is the only option is crazy. Best, sure but not only.

There is a very big gap between Crean and Stevens and I am sure there are some options in between.

Fixed.

That's the understatement of all understatements.  The gap between those two makes the Grand Canyon look like a small step.