Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

If Glass makes the right hire here not for awhile. Made every other program better and if he can bring in a great coach then why would we? The next coach holds the key.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Glass has to know he risks his own job if he brings back Crean. He's a iu alum. I hope/think Glass fires Crean regardless of this soft landing crap

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The sad thing to me is the insiders like 0708 and Hickory have both said that if/when this happens, it will be because Crean is the one wanting to get out and making moves. Not Glass or the administration. That is terribly alarming to me. Gives me 0 faith that they will go out and get that homerun hire if they weren't the ones being proactive about replacing him

Just give us a coach that has a knack for seeing kids who are mentally tough, appreciative of good defense, and coachable. Raw talent is everywhere. That's why we're to the point of stalking 5th grade basketball players in this country. But our program lacks coachability and toughness. We have the facilities. We have the reputation. We have the hysteria. Put all that with some Xs and Os coming from the sideline and Banner 6 is in reach.

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

The sad thing to me is the insiders like 0708 and Hickory have both said that if/when this happens, it will be because Crean is the one wanting to get out and making moves. Not Glass or the administration. That is terribly alarming to me. Gives me 0 faith that they will go out and get that homerun hire if they weren't the ones being proactive about replacing him

I'm confident Glass is making the decision. I've said it time and time again, Crean is too damn proud of himself to walk away from "Indiana". 

Just now, Treesh said:

I'm confident Glass is making the decision. I've said it time and time again, Crean is too damn proud of himself to walk away from "Indiana". 

I hope you're right, but that's not what they've been saying in regards to Crean

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

I hope you're right, but that's not what they've been saying in regards to Crean

I know there's a lot of great "insiders" around the IU boards. That being said, the only one I really trust is Janitor. Janitor has made his claim here and on Twitter. That's all I needed.

Just now, Treesh said:

I know there's a lot of great "insiders" around the IU boards. That being said, the only one I really trust is Janitor. Janitor has made his claim here and on Twitter. That's all I needed.

I concur with this 100%.

Some people are very positive just like some people are very negative about everything

I was very negative (as most of you know) regarding the Crean led IU. I started out neutral and gave him repeated chances (early in his tenure) but eventually it all turned negative to me. I could see through the big wins and knew we were still in trouble. He was trying to build the next Kentucky type system but couldn't recruit well enough.

Unless we blow this hire, and even if we do, I'll be anxiously optimistic until proven otherwise. (Like the first few big recruiting misses... Wink wink)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, Treesh said:

Agreed, but those guys I mentioned have track records of being consistently right. At the end of the day, as long as Crean is gone I'll be happy

I thought Donovan to iu oh is a done deal according to several posters.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone has consistently said it was a done deal. Some have said he will be the next coach but have also later stated that if all continues or based on what they think.

Might happen or might not

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

He also retweeted the Mizzou insider and yesterday's flight from Bton to St Louis.

IMG_1259.PNG

3 minutes ago, TetKale said:

FWIW...I was inspired by Treesh and stopped by the airport... Watched the Wichita flight land.. It taxied to the Cook hangar...I didn't see anyone get out of the plane...

The only activity was a baggage cart...

Gotta get back to the office before someone notices I've been gone for an hour!

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

Good work!  I have to ask, is the Cook hangar tied to IU basketball directly?  Or just Cook, Inc?  Or owned by Cook, Inc and used occasionally for IU basketball purposes?