Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Mine eyes have seen the glory!!!!

Langford has kept IU around in his list and I have read he really likes us but the whole Crean thing hasnt made it a legit recruitment. A new coach will definitely have a shot but doesn't mean we get him. It will be closer than people think though if a new coach is brought in.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Tony Bennett Press Conference

After watching the 1st 4 minutes of this press conference I am more convinced than ever that this is the man for the future of IU basketball.  Send a written apology to every member of his family for the way that his sister was dismissed.  Make a public statement apologizing to her.  Open the coffers and pay him whatever it is that he wants.  Just a few things that he did in this one press conference

1. Downplayed a victory against a top 5 team by speculating that UNC did not have their best night

2. Criticized his players shot selection

3. Took the blame for not giving his players enough structure in previous games.

4. Talked about specific little things that need to be done to win

5. Highlighted Defense and commitment to defensive principles

6. Spoke about this being the time of year where fundamentals win games

Things he did not do

1. Talk about how young his team is (9 of 14 are underclassmen), though he was specifically asked about his freshmen

2. Bring up injuries or surgeries from years past

3. Throw players under the bus

4. Talk with sensitivity about the confidence of his players

5. Reference deflections

6.Reference ANY metric

7.Cry

8.Use the phrase, "play faster" He actually said that they had been working on slowing down.

9. Look at anytime like a cartoon character

16 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I doubt he comes to IU. He turned us down once, he'll do it again. Plus, Virginia has a good thing over there right now. Much better than us. 

We can double his salary and increase his recruiting budget tenfold. 

Just have to hope the fact the old administration is gone matters. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I love going back and reading Crean's old tweets. Some of them are so ironic. 

image.thumb.png.1f62c9b994ac3d5dec78330869cfb543.png

What is that Dustin Nance guy talking about? Or is he just talking to hear himself talk.