Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Just be glad you weren't there during my time. 

I got the last year of Davis. Two years of the cheating and then Creans first year. 

Yikes.. You had to experience all three terrible situations. I've had it pretty good in comparison to that lol. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Elite programs make elite moves. The ball's in your court now, Fred Glass. Show us what you've got.  

"Elite programs make elite moves."  ----   Have to agree with this.  It was shown to be true with UK basketball and Alabama football

This was posted by Aloha in the Fred Glass Accepts Mediocre Basketball thread:   "Crean has built one "team" while at IU. The rest has been a collection of basketballplates and athletes that don't usually fit or are missing a big piece. One year it's a big, another a point guard. He needs to go!"

TEAM is the key word.  I think most of us agree he throws out way too many offers and many of them seem to be made on the spur of the moment and then we spin our recruiting wheels afterwards.  He's watching the AAU circuit and a lot of what we're seeing is just how the game is played on that circuit.  It's designed to feature the kids and get them college scholarships which by itself is perfectly fine.  But from the games I watch, the majority of those kids don't have good basketball IQ.  Individually, they're all stars on their high school teams and it's me, me, me.  IMO AAU games tend to be sloppily played and with little emphasis on defense - sound familiar?  Maybe Coach K and Coach Slime can get them to buy into TEAM basketball once they arrive on campus but CTC can't.  I'm in no way suggesting we should stop following the AAU season because it is a way to see how the 'high school star' can play against other 'high school stars' vs. being the only really good player on a typical high school basketball team.  But CTC can't seem to look at anything more than athleticisim so we get what appears to be a chinese fire drill running around aimlessly on the court.  I guess in so many words CTC can't see the forest for the trees.  

So I had work last night. Was it really that bad? I only got to follow the game on ESPN....... can't wrap my head around how a team shoots like that against you without the coach getting on guys, too bad Crean is busy getting on guys for meaningless end of game moments

You make a call to Stevens not because we think IU is better than the Celtics or that Bloomington has more to do than Boston. For many those things do not compare.

You call Stevens because you hope that the relationship between college coach and kid is deferent than in the NBA. You hope that the fact that Stevens sent Andrew Smith a skid of Gatorade when he was in the hospital fighting for his life shows how valuable that is to him.

You call Stevens because you think he values family more than success. I travelled to the final four Several years ago with someone who had been with Stevens the day before. They told me he was anxious about moving his family to Boston from the Midwest. You hope that maybe returning home has value.

You obviously call because you think he can coach but you don't let the fact that he is in Boston dissuade you because you hope Indiana can provide him things that are important to Stevens the man.

And he can coach pretty well

GREAT post.
I'd hire you to the "pitch Stevens" committee in a heartbeat.

Remember when Crean compared this team to the 2013-2014 team with Noha Vonleh before the season started and we all thought he was out of his mind??? Well he wasn't that far off...this team is a train wreck and not many of these kids even care to compete or win just like that team

12 minutes ago, bellj833 said:

Remember when Crean compared this team to the 2013-2014 team with Noha Vonleh before the season started and we all thought he was out of his mind??? Well he wasn't that far off...this team is a train wreck and not many of these kids even care to compete or win just like that team

At least this team is made up of seemingly great kids. That Vonleh team had some guys I didn't really enjoy having to cheer for. 

That is on him no one else. Not even the players. Most programs have kids like this when they come there. They either suck it up or they don't play. It is every coaches job to teach discipline and he spends a lot of time recruiting these kids. He has to have some idea that they aren't willing to put forth the right effort. In return he has made our program a disgrace.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

So I had work last night. Was it really that bad? I only got to follow the game on ESPN....... can't wrap my head around how a team shoots like that against you without the coach getting on guys, too bad Crean is busy getting on guys for meaningless end of game moments

Another failure of Crean's, favoritism and discipline of players. Green was given the ball with about 3 seconds on the shot clock and didn't get up a shot. Yes, he should have been aware but he got ripped when other players were just as guilty of not more.

Crean has a ton of energy and thought just directed in the wrong areas. It's telling and reflects in the way he not only flips out on certain players but also in recruiting, game prep, practices, defense, and offense. The dudes off a little mentally, how can he expect his teams to be mentally tough.

28 minutes ago, Treesh said:

What does everyone think our record will end up come tourney time?

I have us 20-12. That's being nice too..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we finish out the regular season 19-12.

Depending on how the rest of the conference does that could put us as a 7 seed in the BIG tourney (maybe even a 6 but I doubt it) and in that case I see us win 1 lose 1... making our record 20-13 heading into the NIT.

If we end up being seeded lower than 7th in the BIG tourney then we lose the first game we play and are 19-13.

5 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I think we finish out the regular season 19-12.

Depending on how the rest of the conference does that could put us as a 7 seed in the BIG tourney (maybe even a 6 but I doubt it) and in that case I see us win 1 lose 1... making our record 20-13 heading into the NIT.

If we end up being seeded lower than 7th in the BIG tourney then we lose the first game we play and are 19-13.

I'm sorry, but this team has two McD AAs on it (again) with a few 4*.  If Crean managed to miss the NCAA with that (again) there is no way he should keep his job, no way, not if Glass isn't okay with mediocrity.

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

What does everyone think our record will end up come tourney time?

I have us 20-12. That's being nice too..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know it's broad but I think worst is 17-14 and best is 19-12 with a first round exit in B1G tourney for an additional loss before selection Sunday.