Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'd like to think that NW is a team we can beat on a regular basis going forward. If we are going to get where we want to go that's going to be a must.

https://x.com/hoosier_huddle/status/1796712028863680622?s=46&t=mD4gvL9jYvVwm8xGPCwpKA

Uh…this is an odd (see: sh**ty) way of doing business. Seat selections have been going on over the last few weeks. I almost selected endzone seats - ended up in the corner one section over - and would be raising absolute hell if they did this to me 2 weeks after picking my spot.

10 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

https://x.com/hoosier_huddle/status/1796712028863680622?s=46&t=mD4gvL9jYvVwm8xGPCwpKA

Uh…this is an odd (see: sh**ty) way of doing business. Seat selections have been going on over the last few weeks. I almost selected endzone seats - ended up in the corner one section over - and would be raising absolute hell if they did this to me 2 weeks after picking my spot.

I get it. But hey man... they invited them to communicate this to others in their group so they can figure out their options. How considerate! 

I would be annoyed by this too, 100%. Wish I was close enough to get IUFB season tickets this year, but I think I'll just have to settle for a home game. I'm glad that CCC is apparently taking seemingly holistic control (and being given autonomy) on every angle of the program. Relatively small things like where the student section is physically located just goes to show we got an obsessive coach who knows how to win.

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

I get it. But hey man... they invited them to communicate this to others in their group so they can figure out their options. How considerate! 

I would be annoyed by this too, 100%. Wish I was close enough to get IUFB season tickets this year, but I think I'll just have to settle for a home game. I'm glad that CCC is apparently taking seemingly holistic control (and being given autonomy) on every angle of the program. Relatively small things like where the student section is physically located just goes to show we got an obsessive coach who knows how to win.

I’m most concerned about the band getting moved next to me. I’m one section over from people that have been moved. Love the band, don’t wanna sit by them. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m most concerned about the band getting moved next to me. I’m one section over from people that have been moved. Love the band, don’t wanna sit by them. 

Completely fair. I'm right there with you, would hate that personally. Hope it works out for you Hov.

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Is there any way you can change your seats? 

Haven't seen it posted on here, but IOL Noah Bolticoff has left the program.

I have CCC's staff at 81 committed scholarships for the Fall with five players remaining in the portal (Holloman, Bohler, Jeffries, Casey, and Greenlow.)

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

Is there any way you can change your seats? 

Not sure if I need to yet, but ticket offices are usually pretty accommodating to things like that if so. I’ll be curious to see if there’s an official announcement on what is actually changing. Sounds like my aisle seats will either be across the stairs from the band or the student section though. 

ESPN has released its 2024 FPI ratings and projections. IUFB (-2.4) is setting last in the conference and 77th overall. 

Things FPI most likely doesn't factor and probably should if it doesn't. Coaching change past four year history and transfer portal replacements (starters on previous schools and history of school player transferred from). I could be wrong though the FPI system might actually factor that in.

I'm bringing this up because JMU (2.6) has a better FPI than IUFB at 51st and history of the previous seasons makes a difference in these ratings. Someone like Rourke is more than likely an upgrade over Sorsby. Especially if you look at the history between the two of them and should by all accounts add value to IUFB's FPI rating. IUFB's receiving core is also a major upgrade that most likely didn't get factored into the FPI equation. The history of defensive transfers is an upgrade in my opinion. IUFB overall is probably in better shape than it was last year but that will all be decided on the gridiron come this fall. Point being this FPI rating will change once the world sees just how much of a problem IUFB is going to be for whoever plays them. And I can't wait!

Everything you need to know about FPI here.

Posted this for receipts. 

I am somewhat indifferent to Cig (I don't like arrogance or cockiness in general), but I'm absolutely putting all of my fandom, faith and hope into him! I was talking with a Purdue grad (well, it had to be more like grunting and using hand motions so they'd understand me with their limited IQ) and they were just so obnoxious about the past football (and basketball) results.  I just hope that we ride into a new era of respectableness 

21 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I am somewhat indifferent to Cig (I don't like arrogance or cockiness in general), but I'm absolutely putting all of my fandom, faith and hope into him! I was talking with a Purdue grad (well, it had to be more like grunting and using hand motions so they'd understand me with their limited IQ) and they were just so obnoxious about the past football (and basketball) results.  I just hope that we ride into a new era of respectableness 

I bet the players love his arrogance 

23 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Name a successful coach who doesn't have some arrogance to them. At a place like IU football you have to be arrogant to get people to believe in you.

32 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Name a successful coach who doesn't have some arrogance to them. At a place like IU football you have to be arrogant to get people to believe in you.

The Wizard, John Wooden.  Norman Dale.  Seriously, yelling is only an issue if the coach is losing.  

Confidence and arrogance sometimes gets misunderstood. Someone's confidence might be viewed as arrogance or cockiness from someone else. Coach Cig is consistent with his message. It's about changing the mindset of doubt and trusting a process. It's about patience and faith.  It's about taking initiative, self-control, poise and ambition. This type of coaching dates back to John Wooden's Pyramid of Success. 

I compare his message more to a Vince Lombardi approach to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Scotty R said:

That's fantastic, but I don't have to like them lol. I find it abrasive and annoying, but I have no problem putting a team over individual players or coaches. They're not here for a popularity contest, and I don't have to watch interviews or pressers w/ them.

3 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Norman Dale

"Hickory's first road game of the season, a tough, physical battle where emotions are running high. Classic Norm. Instead of being the calming influence his team needs, he instigates a brawl by dressing down the referee, taunting the opposing coach and slapping -- yes, slapping -- the hand of a kid on the other team.

Remember, this is a coach with a history of assault, having punched one of his own players at Ithaca College and receiving a lifetime ban for it. Luckily for Dale, the Internet didn't exist in 1951, and only one person in town -- Myra Fleener -- knows how to look up information in a library."

If it wasn't for Chipwood coming in to save the day, Coach Dale ain't doin' poop. 

Just sayin.