Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

Thomas Bryant and Emmitt Holt cited for illegal alcohol posession

PM? Really? Maybe if you need to relay info about someone else privately instead of publicly that maybe it should not be said at all? Seems more immature than these two charged with possession. I know it's just my opinion. Just seems dumb.

Except for the fact that the person probably didn't feel it was there place to come out and publicly state what they have been told. There is an appropriate time and place to do so. Also, given what I was told I can easily just see that thread getting ridiculous with claims by people that this person was full of it or just plain wrong. That stuff is obnoxious when it happens

@JeffRabjohns: Question: Did IU president Michael McRobbie read the riot act to the IU athletic department yesterday?
IU AD Fred Glass: "Yes."

I had to look up the Riot Act and I still don't see how this applies to the department...can someone explain that to me?

@JeffRabjohns: Question: Did IU president Michael McRobbie read the riot act to the IU athletic department yesterday?
IU AD Fred Glass: "Yes."

I had to look up the Riot Act and I still don't see how this applies to the department...can someone explain that to me?

Head down and tail between the legs as you leave.

Well, it has been a while since I last blurbed, but these are the times that try mens' souls. I only chose the above post to quote because I was surprised to see Chris Carter had an account on this site, or else, at least, his recently retracted mentality still thrives. It was only after reading a few more posts (of tenured members I have enjoyed reading in the past) that I became painfully aware this incident has scared the bejesus out of many of the IU faithful. There obviously is a lot of whistling past the graveyard going on. I do not pretend to think my commentary of this sitch-e-a-tion commands anything of the nature of "it's them or me", but my craw is full and these last couple of years of IU player antics are thoroughly stuck there. I "personally" (no claim to include others) feel I have reached that point of finality where if these TWO stay, I've seen enough; I am gone (this forum, Peegs, the tube). I would much rather see IU finish in the middle of the pack than see a championship built on their inclusion. An inclusion that would put the IU program in that cesspool of other notorious (W's at any cost) programs. It would sicken me to even hear a CTC spin on special circumstances that would allow them to remain on the team. I was appalled when IU arena fans booed CTC's decisions during games. But, if I was there and these two suit up and enter a game, I would be leading the chorus of Bronx cheers. ( I know this is contradictory because I would have already departed the fold - I'm just sayin'.

After Emmet Holt's contrite and apologetic display after the Devin Davis incident, to this soon be involved in this situation in the manner described (by media/law enforcement) is utterly shameful and inexcusable. I do not care if every member of the B police force was born in West Lafayette; they were doing what they are supposed to do. Contrite and apologetic just doesn't fly "after the fact" when standing before the judge and it is your only defense. Especially goes to the tune, 1st time shame on you, 2nd time shame on me. What a sham he displayed, if not the most aggravated case of memory loss ever visioned.

Thomas Bryant, my-oh-my, what an utter lack of focus. This guy has his eye on the prize (NBA)? - I think not. Excuse me, but do no not spin this as the 1st time incident therefore he should be placed on parole and resume his place on the team. He was fully aware of past history during his recruitment and mommy even addressed it at the time. Being friends with Emmet, I am confident he was fully appraised of what transpired and came down last year. All this speaks to why he was probably not rated 5 star.

Unanswered questions are, (1) Did other team members know what was going on with these two and did nothing?, and (2), where was the upper class leadership? - yes, you are babysitters

Later.

Except for the fact that the person probably didn't feel it was there place to come out and publicly state what they have been told. There is an appropriate time and place to do so. Also, given what I was told I can easily just see that thread getting ridiculous with claims by people that this person was full of it or just plain wrong. That stuff is obnoxious when it happens

Exactly. And the mods would prefer that it be kept to the PM's. If it becomes public knowledge (as in confirmed from a outside source, publicly) then will be the time for a thread on it. 

The anger and exasperation about this isn't because an 18 year old and a 19 year old were cited for illegal possession during Welcome Week. It's because ONCE AGAIN stupidity has landed in Bloomington with a basketball team that absolutely should know better by this point. It's the repeated violations, the repeat offenders and the lack of any action by the coach, AD and university president to make it stop.

And for the record, accusing the police officers of "racial profiling" doesn't help.

Yeah, I can't argue. How many dumb

@pdiprimio: IU AD Fred Glass confirmed that IU President Michael McRobbie basically blistered IU athletic department over player behavior.

Here you go Dukie.

About effing time! What the hell has he been waiting for?? Should have happend long ago!!

@pdiprimio: IU AD Fred Glass confirmed that IU President Michael McRobbie basically blistered IU athletic department over player behavior.

Here you go Dukie.

Nice to see an adult make their peace heard.

Oh, the Youth Hova, the Youth. 

ps- in reference to the riot act.

I've already read it. I consider it wordy and poorly thought out.

Doing their job, but they're also targeting and pushing to increase their numbers year over year...

@insidethehall: Indiana excise police release states that a record 258 citations were written in Bloomington from Wed-Sat of welcome week.

Edit: @insidethehall: Correction: Looks like that release from the excise police citations may have been a couple of years old. My apologies, folks.

Doing their job, but they're also targeting and pushing to increase their numbers year over year...

@insidethehall: Indiana excise police release states that a record 258 citations were written in Bloomington from Wed-Sat of welcome week.

easy pickins