Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

2018-2019 Rotation Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Trying to contribute? No he is not. Quite the opposite actually. He is trying to act like he had the holy grail of information which he does not. Then act like a total ******* in between. I have yet to see Chris or any other insider act like an ******* when they have information. That includes the PU boards you frequent. It’s because when you have real information you don’t. You don’t care if people believe you. This would be a first if he truly has info.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just curious - What's his handle on the PeeYew boards?

RealIU is fascinating to me. I think they do have some info. I believe it.

The reasoning behind the angst being shown is a mystery to me. I think it comes down to, RealIU thinks we are wanting Juwan to come back to IU versus what is best for him.

HOWEVER, in this case, it’s mostly untrue. I, personally, and much of the board will congratulate any player leaving early if they are drafted in the first round.

The guys that get drafted in the second round leaving early will get mixed reviews for good reason. For some it’s the right decision and for others it isn’t.

The ones that leave early and don’t get drafted gets way more complicated.

I think ALL on here want the best for Juwan and I think most are hoping he comes back and has a killer year and makes it to a point he can be drafted.

For these reasons, I fail to see why RealIU has such angst towards us fans.

A few fans are knuckleheads and want lottery picks to return to school..... But look at OG...... IU fans here were very congratulatory and understanding of him leaving when he did (as an example).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well said sir. I have nothing more to add.

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly. Did Cody, Vic and OG make the right decision leaving early? Absolutely. Troy & Bryant? Ehhhh, they obviously made more money then they would have at IU and no guarantee they would have improved their stock by coming back. Still, it was hardly the fairy tale beginning to their career. If Juwan was likely to even be drafted it would be reasonable. Leaving early and not getting drafted = mistake most of the time. Europe and the G-League can wait. 

So why be arrogant? Why not just your info without being arrogant and condescending?

Just speaking the logical truth with a little arrogance. I guess I was speaking directly to you in my last post! 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Exactly. Did Cody, Vic and OG make the right decision leaving early? Absolutely. Troy & Bryant? Ehhhh, they obviously made more money then they would have at IU and no guarantee they would have improved their stock by coming back. Still, it was hardly the fairy tale beginning to their career. If Juwan was likely to even be drafted it would be reasonable. Leaving early and not getting drafted = mistake most of the time. Europe and the G-League can wait. 

I think both Bryant and Troy made the right moves. You'll see them as mainstays on NBA rosters in the next couple years, in my opinion, and I don't think college was going to improve their stock further.

30 minutes ago, RealIU said:

Lol nailed it!! You should always want what’s best for the player regardless of how you feel personally. That’s what I want for Juwan as far as info provided I have been in this game for awhile there is so much I could add. I have quietly observed things on these boards for years, just never thought to provide input until recently, the change is I owe IU for providing me with a successful lifestyle or quality of living so I decided to add so small tidbits here and there and to do somethings to put IU in a brighter light.

You haven't actually provided any info as far as I can tell. If you think Juwan is more likely to enter the draft, then please share what specifically he's been hearing from teams. You keep alluding to information but you haven't shared anything. Guys with actual info here usually don't pump themselves up for 20 posts before sharing what they've heard. If you've been quietly observing the board for years you would know that.

10 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Trying to contribute? No he is not. Quite the opposite actually. He is trying to act like he had the holy grail of information which he does not. Then act like a total ******* in between. I have yet to see Chris or any other insider act like an ******* when they have information. That includes the PU boards you frequent. It’s because when you have real information you don’t. You don’t care if people believe you. This would be a first if he truly has info.

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Just curious - What's his handle on the PeeYew boards?

10 hours ago, mdn82 said:

The same. Stromboli.

Oh geez.  Let it go, dude.  I made one post, ever.  Under the same handle I use everywhere.  You've brought it up 3-4 times like you caught me or something.  You wouldn't even know if you didn't "frequent" the same board.  So long as I'm coming clean... I also visited some Vandy boards and Kansas boards recently.  I watch Butler games when I get the chance.  My wife is a Purdue grad and was an All American there, I'm proud of that.  I didn't even do my undergrad at IU.  Feel free to post all of that next time I disagree with one of your profane, sophomoric internet attacks.

My entire point is the attacks really don't add value to the board.  You know what might?  Sourced posters.  After a few months it's easy to know if a guy has intel or not.  Why run them off before then?

8 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Oh geez.  Let it go, dude.  I made one post, ever.  Under the same handle I use everywhere.  You've brought it up 3-4 times like you caught me or something.  You wouldn't even know if you didn't "frequent" the same board.  So long as I'm coming clean... I also visited some Vandy boards and Kansas boards recently.  I watch Butler games when I get the chance.  My wife is a Purdue grad and was an All American there, I'm proud of that.  I didn't even do my undergrad at IU.  Feel free to post all of that next time I disagree with one of your profane, sophomoric internet attacks.

My entire point is the attacks really don't add value to the board.  You know what might?  Sourced posters.  After a few months it's easy to know if a guy has intel or not.  Why run them off before then?

Oh geez ... I thought you meant RealIU had a PU board handle!

Strom can say anything he wants on the PU board - him and mdn should go have an in ice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon and some wings together and make peace IMO.

It stresses out my tender feelings when two A+ posters have a snit-tiff!   ;)

I love that lineup fpr the tourney but fear we will need a different one during the season or else morgan will wear out

If Davis is healthy he will eat up 20 minutes at the 5. Fitzner and Thompson can eat up some minutes there too. Morgan can sit or slide to the 4 when fitzner or Thompson are in

So maybe 15 minutes at the 5 and 10 at the 4 for 25 minutes a game.

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

If Davis is healthy he will eat up 20 minutes at the 5. Fitzner and Thompson can eat up some minutes there too. Morgan can sit or slide to the 4 when fitzner or Thompson are in

Davis wasn't productive or conditioned enough to average twenty minutes a game last season before his injury.

I really worry about our team defensively if Davis gets more than 10. Love the kid. He just doesn’t fit the team pre Achilles. You add the achilles to a man that is that big with that lack of mobility/athleticism? I am probably on low end of expectations. I hope he proves me wrong. That would be fantastic.