Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2018 NCAA Tournament Games

37 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Bad tourney for "IU candidates" from last season.

Younger Miller
Alford
Older Miller
Marshall
Bennett

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

IU plays the same defense as Older Miller and Bennett.   As I said last night, I hope Archie is watching.  

I loved the upset. Just wish it wasn’t in Kentucky’s bracket where the highest seed they have to beat to get to an elite 8 is a 9 seed but luckily anyone can’t beat anyone as seen tonight. Go Buffalo & UMBC!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah. I know I shouldn't say things like this, but what are the odds UK plays a low/mid-major 4 times before going to a final 4?

I was stoked to see UK get the region of hell. Then I realized:

-The PAC-12 sucks, and so does Arizona.
-UVA was losing more than people thought when hunter went down.
-They just beat Tennessee anyway and are balanced enough to beat them or Cincinnati.

In regards to UVA, a team that scores less than 70/game lost their 4th leading scorer. I immediately worried they wouldn't have someone capable of stepping up. Figured if another team got hot, UVA would fall into a hole they couldn't get out of, despite their usually monster defense. Expected it to be a team like Kentucky or maaaaybe KSU/Creighton. Instead it was a freaking 16 seed, Lmao.

Now Kentucky gets Buffalo. If Buffalo shoots like they did last night, they can beat anyone (a la ISU and FW, dammit). Kentucky did just score 78 points and win a game without hitting a 3, tho. Should be a more interesting UK-SUNYB matchup than anticipated, but I think the puttycats pull it out. Hope I'm wrong.

For UMBC, daaayyyuuum. One of the biggest upsets ever. Ironically, Chaminade's historic upset over UVA may be the only one bigger, and that's hard to say because 16s were 0-135. No history to go by, but that team should be amped when the game vs K-State comes Sunday! Not gonna count them out, and crap, Kentucky could get to play a freaking 16 in the sweet 16. My gosh.

After that, I know they have a long road, and may have already exhausted their luck, but Loyola-Chicago is a balanced team. The idea makes me cringe, but it would seem like the perfect fix for PayPal Cal and the Blue Ballers to get 12, 13, 16, 11 on the road to the final 4 when people thought they had the toughest region possible.

Wow just saw Virginia lost. Can not believe I missed the first 16 seed winning. 
I only had them winning one game. He seems to always to great in season but in the tourney his offense is just not constructed for a comeback. If they get down they are dead. He seems like a great guy I just don't think he will ever get it done in the ncaa.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

IU plays the same defense as Older Miller and Bennett.   As I said last night, I hope Archie is watching.  
True but our offense is faster and can come back from being down. The blocker mover offense makes it almost impossible to come back from double digits. It moves to slow.

21 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

True but our offense is faster and can come back from being down. The blocker mover offense makes it almost impossible to come back from double digits. It moves to slow.

Exactly. Despite this loss I still think the pack line is the best defense for college

7 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Arizona's offense if faster too and has better talent but they still have the same problem of losing early in the tournament. 

7 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

It was (offense) on occasion.   Other times, it stagnated.  Could be a function of personnel...time will tell; but I watched both Arizona and Virginia get spread out and flat out punished this week by teams very comparable to the likes of Ft. Wayne and Indiana State

If someone's already posted this I'll apologize for the duplication.

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 

Both of UMBC’s star, Jairus Lyles, parents graduated from Virginia.  Dad, Lester, played four years of football for the Cavaliers. Mom Carol told ESPN:  It was unbelievable to see them whip up on my alma mater.”

2 hours ago, SteelerHoosier said:

I've never been a fan of Bennett.  His style will win a lot of regular season games, but unless he opens it up he'll never make consistent deep runs. 

I'm not sure some coach's are willing to trust their players enough to open it up. They want to control and micromanage everything. Sometimes they're are so afraid of failure they aren't willing to go for success. 

10 hours ago, iufaninillinois said:

I agree with Dickie V on this and I rarely agree with him6f1ff837574b8b5894163f94a1ea4e66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 days ago this jackass was crying about OK State cuz they swept Kansas and had all these Quad 1 wins. I guess being old as hell works when your memory's gone to crap.*

*No harm meant to the elder statesmen of this forum, just this case in particular.

I think these criticisms of the pack line D might be a little premature. One team (Arizona) was obviously distracted and the other ran into a buzzsaw and then panicked. I’m anxious to see where Archie takes IU with it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app