Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

I mean if Matt Ryan runs the offense like Rivers then I guess its fine for the Colts? Dude is a statue. Our offensive line sucks at pass protection. Our wide outs suck outside of Pittman. Our tight ends all leave a lot to be desired. Hines moght as well of been a practice squad guy last year. JT stopped being a part of the offense around week 7. Looking forward to two 9-8 years. 

I mean if Matt Ryan runs the offense like Rivers then I guess its fine for the Colts? Dude is a statue. Our offensive line sucks at pass protection. Our wide outs suck outside of Pittman. Our tight ends all leave a lot to be desired. Hines moght as well of been a practice squad guy last year. JT stopped being a part of the offense around week 7. Looking forward to two 9-8 years. 

He was the guy I thought was the best fit all along. Would love some mobility and youth but of the other candidates he seemed to be the well ahead of the others. High completion %, gets rid of the ball quickly, much better leader and incredibly consistent.

Baker seemed perhaps to be a slightly better Carson. Jimmy is always hurt. Winston and Mariota both have upside but have spent more time underachieving than the latter (although Winston had a strong start last year).

We need to get Hines back involved and find another WR and TE. I heard an Atlanta reporter describing Matt and he said one of his strengths is hitting the receiver earl and in a way that allows for more YAC. If you watched that Kurt Warner breakdown of Wentz he kept showing how our offense had guys open on the shorter routes but Wentz consistently focused on the long ball. Our receivers look a lot better when not having to catch in heavy traffic.

Still need upgrades but I like the signing and like it a lot if we get 3+ years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, 8bucks said:

He was the guy I thought was the best fit all along. Would love some mobility and youth but of the other candidates he seemed to be the well ahead of the others. High completion %, gets rid of the ball quickly, much better leader and incredibly consistent.

Baker seemed perhaps to be a slightly better Carson. Jimmy is always hurt. Winston and Mariota both have upside but have spent more time underachieving than the latter (although Winston had a strong start last year).

We need to get Hines back involved and find another WR and TE. I heard an Atlanta reporter describing Matt and he said one of his strengths is hitting the receiver earl and in a way that allows for more YAC. If you watched that Kurt Warner breakdown of Wentz he kept showing how our offense had guys open on the shorter routes but Wentz consistently focused on the long ball. Our receivers look a lot better when not having to catch in heavy traffic.

Still need upgrades but I like the signing and like it a lot if we get 3+ years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I didn’t want any of the QBs that were available. Put Sam back there, suck for a year and better the chances of getting Stroud or Young. End goal should be a super bowl. 36 y/o Ryan doesn’t come close to moving the needle on this broken roster to do that 

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

I didn’t want any of the QBs that were available. Put Sam back there, suck for a year and better the chances of getting Stroud or Young. End goal should be a super bowl. 36 y/o Ryan doesn’t come close to moving the needle on this broken roster to do that 

It's a 3rd rd pick lol... this was the right move, for the time being. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

It's a 3rd rd pick lol... this was the right move, for the time being. 

Being at best 10-7, losing in the first round if they even make it there then having no answer at QB again is the right move? This regime has been an utter disaster at figuring out the QB position

6 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Being at best 10-7, losing in the first round if they even make it there then having no answer at QB again is the right move? This regime has been an utter disaster at figuring out the QB position

Oh umm. yes, it is. 

I really don't care about the NFL but I obviously have Colts friends and see plenty on Twitter. What the hell is that organization doing? How do you not try and go out and grab weapons for Ryan to throw to? Pittman isn't a #1 option in the NFL. He's a #3... Maybe #2. There are dudes available in free agency and the Colts are sitting on their hands. That's embarrassing. They are looking worse at roster management than the Pacers and I thought that was impossible. 

28 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I really don't care about the NFL but I obviously have Colts friends and see plenty on Twitter. What the hell is that organization doing? How do you not try and go out and grab weapons for Ryan to throw to? Pittman isn't a #1 option in the NFL. He's a #3... Maybe #2. There are dudes available in free agency and the Colts are sitting on their hands. That's embarrassing. They are looking worse at roster management than the Pacers and I thought that was impossible. 

There isn't a #1 WR in FA to be clear. Pittman isnt a 3 lol.. thats outlandish. 

The WR FA market didn't end up being as fruitful for teams as orginally thought. Cooper traded, Robinson traded, Godwin and Williams signed with their original teams. Past those guys, and idc for Robinson... there wasn't a #1, hell maybe not a #2 in FA. They are still looking at a vet.  I would like a Cole Beasley type player. And finally, P Campbell is still a guy they very much like.. and for good reason. Absolute game changer. 

The plan should have and I assume is.. to draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd rd of this years draft... which appears to be stupidly loaded. As in David Bell at 42 or lower... that's how loaded it is. 

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There isn't a #1 WR in FA to be clear. Pittman isnt a 3 lol.. thats outlandish. 

The WR FA market didn't end up being as fruitful for teams as orginally thought. Cooper traded, Robinson traded, Godwin and Williams signed with their original teams. Past those guys, and idc for Robinson... there wasn't a #1, hell maybe not a #2 in FA. They are still looking at a vet.  I would like a Cole Beasley type player. And finally, P Campbell is still a guy they very much like.. and for good reason. Absolute game changer. 

The plan should have and I assume is.. to draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd rd of this years draft... which appears to be stupidly loaded. As in David Bell at 42 or lower... that's how loaded it is. 

And that's why the Colts are where they are. Pittman is a #3. If you want to win a Superbowl. 

And that's why the Colts are where they are. Pittman is a #3. If you want to win a Superbowl. 
Lol 
He's a #2 that is closer to the #3 line than the #1 line imo. To be fair we should see what he's capable of with a competent QB throwing to him

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

He's a #2 that is closer to the #3 line than the #1 line imo. To be fair we should see what he's capable of with a competent QB throwing to him

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't agree at all. He was ranked top 20 he a lot of categories. #3 as in 32 WRs better then him? Thats a tough sell. 

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You should ask yourself instead if there are 32 legitimate #1 WRs in the league. Then ask yourself if there are even 15. 

Pittman is a mid 2, currently. We need what the Chargers have at WR.. Williams and Allen... two mid 2s. 

Pittman is as good as both and in his 2nd year.