Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, RoadRage said:

Chris Simms just said the SEC can relax, they are officially the best football conference in America again....I'm not convinced of that at all. Top to bottom the B1G is still #1

Well it's Chris Simms. Decide how big the grain of salt needs to be there. 

Posted
2 hours ago, RoadRage said:

Chris Simms just said the SEC can relax, they are officially the best football conference in America again....I'm not convinced of that at all. Top to bottom the B1G is still #1

??? Maybe he should wait on them not being at best average in the playoffs before making declarations like that

Posted
10 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Miami wanted Demond Williams originally right? They'd be so much worse than they currently are 

Yep.  Imagine they had to raise more money but definitely worth it. They would not be title contenders with Williams 

Posted
9 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

??? Maybe he should wait on them not being at best average in the playoffs before making declarations like that

Agree. But I do think they are better or at least there’s no other elite teams out there. Alabama looks more physical across both lines and I think I might put them up there with Texas and UGA along with OSU, IU, ND, and Miami. I’m not sure there’s a lot that separates all those teams right now.  
 

The rest of the B1G is kinda “meh” and didn’t exactly excel in inter conference play. The SEC lovefest is annoying but they might be the better conf this year. 

Posted
12 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Neb & Maryland combined for 28penalties for 248yds. That is the most I can ever recall...by a lot. 

Per Google Gemini, not even close.

The NCAA record for the most combined penalties and penalty yardage in a single college football game occurred on October 31, 1986, in an FCS (then Division I-AA) game between Grambling State and Prairie View A&M.
Combined Penalties: 48 penalties (Grambling: 27, Prairie View: 21)
Combined Penalty Yardage: 453 yards (Grambling: 260 yards, Prairie View: 193 yards)
Grambling won the game 38–12, despite committing 27 of the penalties and accumulating over two football fields' worth of penalty yards on their own.


FBS (Division I-A) Record
For the highest level of college football (FBS), the record for combined penalties is slightly lower:
Combined Penalties: 36 penalties — set by San Jose State (24) and Fresno State (12) on October 4, 1986.
Combined Penalty Yardage: 421 yards — set by San Jose State (199 yards) and Fresno State (222 yards) in that same 1986 game.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...