Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

X-Hoosier

Looking to next season

Troy is not the key ingredient to iur success next year. We need TB back. Troy can go and we will be just fine, even better i think because of the depth and size next years team would have.

Troy may not be a piece that would prevent success next year if he were to bolt, but he is absolutely 100% a game changer. He could be there difference between a Sweet Sixteen and a Final Four with a good off-season. He's a special talent. UNC had no answer for him in the second half, and he wrecked UK. Some of the baskets he makes around the rim are mind blowing.

Troy may not be a piece that would prevent success next year if he were to bolt, but he is absolutely 100% a game changer. He could be there difference between a Sweet Sixteen and a Final Four with a good off-season. He's a special talent. UNC had no answer for him in the second half, and he wrecked UK. Some of the baskets he makes around the rim are mind blowing.

As are some of the tournovers he commits :)

I still haven't figured Troy out. One game he would get fouled or convert at the rim (kept is "chin on the rim") and the next game he would be looking at half court while flipping it towards the rim. How does a coach not see this or Troy not practice this? If Troy returns at 75% unstoppable Troy and brings that 25% bad Troy to okay Troy he would be pushing for B1G POY and All-America status.

10 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yes, Troy can be a game changer but we never know if he's going to change it for the better or for the worse.  I don't know that I've ever watched a player who plays with more inconsistency than Troy.  And after 3 years, I'm skeptical we'll see him play any differently next year.  That's not at all meant to say I want him to leave, but if he stays, just be prepared for another roller coaster Troy ride next season. 

If Thomas comes back this looks to me like, physically, the best roster top to bottom since the early 90's. Size, depth, athleticism and shooting. Love it.

Troy staying worries me, but not because of his inconsistent play. I worry about him as a leader and the team kind taking of on some of that hair on fire  thing he has going on. This year's seniors were such grinders. Troy, past mistakes aside, seems like a good kid, but absolutely not a grinder. CTC has intimated several times that he's not exactly the hardest working kid he's coached. Think I'd rather have this team evolve into Rojo's and\or Bryant's team, maybe even Hartman's, than Troy's. 

What concerns me next year is we will have a backcourt with players that have serious knee problems. --Blackmon and Josh.

ROJO is better playing off the ball in my opinion so he should be a solid six man for us.

No doubt in my mind that Troy and Bryant are not NBA ready yet. They would most likely get drafted since this draft class is weaker than our non conference schedule , but they are simply not ready.

I know this is a touchy subject.. But I wouldn't mind if Priller gave up his scholarship for a grad transfer or Thon Maker to join the team. Nothing against Priller, but I would rather have a player who has Big Ten talent. Landing another Max or Nicky would be nice and add to the depth. Once again, nothing against Priller. Would love to keep him as a walk-on. I doubt he gives up a free ride to school, but it really could help us if he does and we are able to land a big ten caliber player

What might bite us in the butt will be the lack of a PG. Curtin Jones could surprise and take over for Yogi.. But I'm not sure about him or Josh running PG.

Thomas and Davis down low should be fun to watch. They both offer different skill sets and the ability to stretch the floor. If we have these talented players down in the post, they need to get the ball.

Assuming everyone develops a tad bit and stays, this team should be preseason top 15 and just as fun as watching this years team.

Hopefully JBJ watched what happened when the team bought into playing hard on defense. The injury could be a blessing in disguise. May have given him the chance to reevaluate his defensive effort. If he can start playing even average defense, he's a lock for the first round.

On March 26, 2016 at 8:51 AM, chitown hoosier said:

TB leaving would be an even dumber move than when Vonleh left.  I think he's just smarter than Vonleh so I expect him back.  

LOL, what? I think its working out pretty well for Vonleh. He is about to get a pretty decent second contract. 

6 minutes ago, HumphreyIN said:

LOL, what? I think its working out pretty well for Vonleh. He is about to get a pretty decent second contract. 

Making 2.6 million right now. Such a stupid mistake leaving school!!!! lol

Another worry for me is that we are losing 3 really good to great shooters in Yogi, Z, and Max. We still have Rojo and we get JBJ back, but it still seems like we will be taking a step back shooting wise. I hate to think what our offense might look like if we can't flood the court with shooters. I am optimistic about next year, but that does concern me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using BtownBanners mobile app

Another worry for me is that we are losing 3 really good to great shooters in Yogi, Z, and Max. We still have Rojo and we get JBJ back, but it still seems like we will be taking a step back shooting wise. I hate to think what our offense might look like if we can't flood the court with shooters. I am optimistic about next year, but that does concern me.

Thing is, Max wasn't a great shooter when he got here. We should be a much better team defensively, and not need to score at the same rate as this year. I'm really not worried about our shooting. The bigger question is whether Newkirk and RoJo can facilitate the offense.

ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1459109419.61im OK with any of these guys shooting