Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Creaning or something. I dont' know.

I wouldn't mind using the scholarship for a player who can actually contribute.

Priller can stay as a walk on for all I care.

My thoughts exactly. Good guy can stay and practice all he wants but you can't have a scholarship player be your last man off the bench.

I disagree, from a long term value perspective. Crean's reputation is more valuable than a one-and-done recruit.

I'm not saying Priller has to leave the team. But give the scholarship to a player who will actually contribute would be more ideal. Priller doesn't even play... why not have deeper bench with a player who can actually play big ten basketball?

I'm not saying Priller has to leave the team. But give the scholarship to a player who will actually contribute would be more ideal. Priller doesn't even play... why not have deeper bench with a player who can actually play big ten basketball?

1. Nobody plays 13 players. There are teams with scholarship reductions that are still doing fine. It's not ideal but 2. Crean offered him Priller a scholarship and he accepted it. That isn't Tim's fault. I didnt deserve a scholarship to play basketball at Indiana University but if I had been offered one I absolutely would have taken it. I agree that it's not ideal to have a player clearly not capable of contributing at this level on scholarship but I have a problem with kicking someone off the team who has worked hard, stayed out of trouble, and represented himself well as a Hoosier just because he isn't as good of a player as we would like. If there's anyone to blame it is the staff for offering the scholarship in the first place

1. Nobody plays 13 players. There are teams with scholarship reductions that are still doing fine. It's not ideal but 2. Crean offered him Priller a scholarship and he accepted it. That isn't Tim's fault. I didnt deserve a scholarship to play basketball at Indiana University but if I had been offered one I absolutely would have taken it. I agree that it's not ideal to have a player clearly not capable of contributing at this level on scholarship but I have a problem with kicking someone off the team who has worked hard, stayed out of trouble, and represented himself well as a Hoosier just because he isn't as good of a player as we would like. If there's anyone to blame it is the staff for offering the scholarship in the first place

Didn't they offer Priller out of desperation because they didn't land a big? I forget the story.
He reminds me of a Tijan Jobe.

And he doesn't have to leave the team. He can be the new manager or walk on.

Didn't they offer Priller out of desperation because they didn't land a big? I forget the story.

Sadly, he's nowhere near as good as Tijan Jobe.  I want to go back to the Hoosier Nation thread where some guys were trying to convince people he was a "steal" from down there.   There were lots of arguments back and forth.  I will never understand Jeremiah April.  Tim Priller.  Guy-Marc Michele.  Peter Jurkin.  Stanford Robinson.   I simply do not understand the need to go get warm bodies from all parts of the country.  We spent 10x what Wisconsin did on recruiting last year, and for the last several, much of it to get guys like this, and it makes no sense.

He can't be a walk-on. Under the student-athlete bill of rights he is guaranteed 4 years of free education from Indiana University. We can't still have him be part of the team but just classify his scholarship differently. The is illegal. Otherwise we could have as many scholarships as we wanted if we just classified everyone as a walk-on but still paid for them to go to school

Sadly, he's nowhere near as good as Tijan Jobe. I want to go back to the Hoosier Nation thread where some guys were trying to convince people he was a "steal" from down there. There were lots of arguments back and forth. I will never understand Jeremiah April. Tim Priller. Guy-Marc Michele. Peter Jurkin. Stanford Robinson. I simply do not understand the need to go get warm bodies from all parts of the country. We spent 10x what Wisconsin did on recruiting last year, and for the last several, much of it to get guys like this, and it makes no sense.

i agree on all of them except Robinson. He was at least a top 60 guy when they were recruiting him. Now his game later on translated to crap but I had at least heard of him when he signed and I didn't have to use google to look him up like the other ones on your list

Sadly, he's nowhere near as good as Tijan Jobe. I want to go back to the Hoosier Nation thread where some guys were trying to convince people he was a "steal" from down there. There were lots of arguments back and forth. I will never understand Jeremiah April. Tim Priller. Guy-Marc Michele. Peter Jurkin. Stanford Robinson. I simply do not understand the need to go get warm bodies from all parts of the country. We spent 10x what Wisconsin did on recruiting last year, and for the last several, much of it to get guys like this, and it makes no sense.

I agree.

Prillers only offer was from Incarnate World. He put up great numbers in Texas. Could shoot and score, but not all high scoring/efficient high school players can translate their game to D1.

I don't hate Priller. He's living the dream. Good for him.

However, if it comes a time this summer/spring where we have a chance to get a better guard/wing, then I think Priller should hand over the scholarship.

Just my opinion.

He can't be a walk-on. Under the student-athlete bill of rights he is guaranteed 4 years of free education from Indiana University. We can't still have him be part of the team but just classify his scholarship differently. The is illegal. Otherwise we could have as many scholarships as we wanted if we just classified everyone as a walk-on but still paid for them to go to school

Well he can join a team at the HPER next year if he really wants to play. lol