Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

This would be gigantic.

Let me dream of a Garland-Langford backcourt for just a few days.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If Garland and Langford happen... that would be beneficial in many ways.

1). That should be talent that is competing for the B1G and a national title

2). Helps to balance the roster with them leaving early

3). Indiana + area talent in first recruiting cycle

There's just so much to like about that even with what should be a huge roster turnover in 2018.

Green/Garland
Langford/Jones/Durham

That's a solid mix of experience and youth, high end talent with grit and grinders. They'd also have a few solid upperclassmen with Morgan and Davis on the wing and block. Smith would have a year in the program too.

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

If Garland and Langford happen... that would be beneficial in many ways.

1). That should be talent that is competing for the B1G and a national title

2). Helps to balance the roster with them leaving early

3). Indiana + area talent in first recruiting cycle

There's just so much to like about that even with what should be a huge roster turnover in 2018.

Green/Garland
Langford/Jones/Durham

That's a solid mix of experience and youth, high end talent with grit and grinders. They'd also have a few solid upperclassmen with Morgan and Davis on the wing and block. Smith would have a year in the program too.

Hope you're not implying he'll be sitting behind Green in the PG depth. The #9 overall wouldn't come here if that's the case.

Hope you're not implying he'll be sitting behind Green in the PG depth. The #9 overall wouldn't come here if that's the case.

I have high hopes for Green and think he could be an All B1G type player. I don't know what his development will look like nor do I know what Garland will look like. I could see Green, Garland, and Romeo all getting 25+ minutes in the backcourt. I do agree that Garland wouldn't be coming to IU to play second string PG.

16 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I have high hopes for Green and think he could be an All B1G type player. I don't know what his development will look like nor do I know what Garland will look like. I could see Green, Garland, and Romeo all getting 25+ minutes in the backcourt. I do agree that Garland wouldn't be coming to IU to play second string PG.

I think Cujo would be one heck of a sixth man as well. Comes off the bench and lights it up.

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Who was recruiting Garland from UCLA by any chance

I'm assuming it was Schilling and Alford because they are the only 2 mid west guys on the staff.

50 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I really get the feeling that Darius Garland wants to like IU.

Edit: found a Yahoo article with DG's dad telling how he's a complete, born and raised, message board quality...

IU basketball fan.

My fifth grader is getting about 25 ppg in rec league, and I know that if by some billion to one shot he was ever good enough, I'd hand deliver him to IU, and he be thrilled that I did. And let me assure you, if that ever happened, the BtownBanners mod board would be en fuego!

We WILL get an OV here. Got to.

Thanks, this explains so much. Couldn't figure out why Garland would be such an early priority for CAM considering Phinisee fits exactly what he said he would be recruiting and there was no way he was recruiting Garland at Dayton. Didn't consider the possibility of a contact from the player's end. Could be a lot of fun to watch this one, though I really hope we stay on Phinisee.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Thanks, this explains so much. Couldn't figure out why Garland would be such an early priority for CAM considering Phinisee fits exactly what he said he would be recruiting and there was no way he was recruiting Garland at Dayton. Didn't consider the possibility of a contact from the player's end. Could be a lot of fun to watch this one, though I really hope we stay on Phinisee.

Indiana ties here..dad is from Gary and I think he coaches there per pap on the first or second page