Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

I just get so damn sick of seeing that "Southern Indiana is Louisville Country" billboard down there.

At least it hasn't been annexed by Kentucky yet. Another decade of basketball futility and we may start losing a few counties.

Just thinking out loud, but Romeo picking IU would definitely be great PR for IU in southern Indiana.  It would make IU a cool school to go to, which is good for our exposure in that area of the state.  Too many people down there are UK/UL fans, sometimes because IU just gives them nothing to cheer for lately.
Getting Romeo would go a long way in changing that.  
I just get so damn sick of seeing that "Southern Indiana is Louisville Country" billboard down there.

The last guy from that area that IU landed (unless I'm wrong) was Sherron Wilkerson ...

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

The last guy from that area that IU landed (unless I'm wrong) was Sherron Wilkerson ...

Wow back in my day. But also southern Indiana is not producing players like it once did. Pat graham,Michael Lewis, Damon Baily, Jared Jeffries, etc.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Wow back in my day. But also southern Indiana is not producing players like it once did. Pat graham,Michael Lewis, Damon Baily, Jared Jeffries, etc.

Larry Bird wasn't too bad although he didn't stick around very long.

6 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Hulls, Dee Davis, Bryant McIntosh, Jaquan Lyle, Musa Jallow, THE ZELLERS. 

Plenty of talent still being produced. 

I was thinking about that area they call "Kentuckiana" ...(Louisville and the Indians counties bordering the river) ... Not many players from there lately at all ... We did grab Remy Abell from Louisville a few years back but he didn't stick around either. I loved watching Remy play

30 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

I was thinking about that area they call "Kentuckiana" ...(Louisville and the Indians counties bordering the river) ... Not many players from there lately at all ... We did grab Remy Abell from Louisville a few years back but he didn't stick around either. I loved watching Remy play

Who you calling "Kentuckiana" ... thems fightin' words!    Don't make me break outta can!

Who you calling "Kentuckiana" ... thems fightin' words!    Don't make me break outta can!

Ha! I grew up in the area ... I escaped unscathed by the Kentucky/Louisville stench but that's what they call it. .. northern Indiana has "The Region" ... Southern Indiana has "Kentuckiana"

1 minute ago, Cheaney40 said:

Ha! I grew up in the area ... I escaped unscathed by the Kentucky/Louisville stench but that's what they call it. .. northern Indiana has "The Region" ... Southern Indiana has "Kentuckiana"

I'm from Southern Indiana myself... but Kentuckiana includes Louisville as well. 

7 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

HA!  Yeah, I am in Santa Claus (an hour from Evansville, and an hour from Louisville).  I am hoping you hear more from our area soon!  The 2021 class has some talent!  (Montgomery, Hopf, Sisley) We'll see how they all develop!  We need to keep Michael Lewis out of here .. I hear he's already in on Montgomery (rumor so who knows).

I'm from Southern Indiana myself... but Kentuckiana includes Louisville as well. 

Yep which we did land Remy Abell from Louisville a few years ago...

I saw where UofL had 3 starters from Louisville high schools the other night. That's pretty impressive. We don't recruit that area all that well

2 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Yep which we did land Remy Abell from Louisville a few years ago...

I saw where UofL had 3 starters from Louisville high schools the other night. That's pretty impressive. We don't recruit that area all that well

Definitely understand.. Everyone is a UK/Louisville fan down there. Born in New Albany, grew up in Corydon. Live in Indianapolis now and just have to deal with Purdue fans.

1 hour ago, Cheaney40 said:

Remy was our first KY recruit in like 30 years if I recall correctly.  Also, he was uncertain about his IU future, and after talking about a possible Xavier transfer then saying he didn't want to leave, CTC gave him a hard boot.  Many, many stories support this and it was yet another of CTC's "these things work themselves out" moves.  IMO, Crean's extreme narcissism took control.

Edited by IU-DL

1 minute ago, IU-DL said:

Remy was our first KY recruit in like 30 years if I recall correctly.  Also, he was uncertain about his IU future, and after talking about a possible Xavier transfer then saying he didn't want to leave, CTC gave him a hard boot.  Many, many stories support this and it was yet another of CTC's "these things work themselves out" moves.  IMO, Crean's extreme narcissism took control.

Wasn't Remy found drunk on a sorority lawn?