Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels
This is worth a look. Lot of potential in this sophomore prospect... twitter.com/BSnowScout/sta…

Brian Snow @BSnowScout
Highlights of Romeo Langford (@yeahyeah_22) impressive 24 point showing on Friday night scout.com/college/basket…

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1631337-highlights-romeo-langford

May not be at New Albany next year, I am starting to hear that he is entertaining the idea of going to play a national schedule at a prep school. I personally hope he stays here in Southern Indiana and becomes our next local Mr. Basketball.

Yeah no real ties to Indiana, transplant really. Heard the same, uphill battle for IU. There was a lot of Duke talk but that may be overblown.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1632719-romeo-langford-talks-visits-and-improvement

ROMEO LANGFORD TALKS INDIANA AND PURDUE VISITS AS WELL AS HIS IMPROVEMENT.

Romeo Langford is having a tremendous sophomore season and is proving himself to be one of the best player regardless of class in the state of Indiana.

Four-star wing Romeo Langford has made huge strides as a player in the last 12 months. Langford has improved his game by leaps and bounds, and now is becoming one of the priority recruits in the entire country in the 2018 class.

For the 6-foot-4 Langford things can look easy at times. He has the smooth athleticism and high skill level you want in a player, and he combines that with a drive to get better. Now his sophomore year is going well, and Langford and his teammates are making a statement with their play.

“So far so good on the year,” said Langford. “We have one loss, but we have bounced back strong from it and are having a good season.”

He continued, “I am working on everything. I know I have to improve in every single category. I think the things I really need to get better with are my ability to changes speeds and also continuing to get stronger.”

To go along with significant recruiting attention from schools such as Ohio State, Indiana, Butler, Purdue, Louisville, and others, Langford is now getting a lot of buzz as one of the best players in the state of Indiana.

About the increase in attention, Langford said, “I am kind of used to it now. At first it was overwhelming, but I like it.”

This season Langford has been able to make a pair of in-state unofficial visits.

“I have seen Purdue against Vanderbilt and Indiana against Ohio State,” noted Langford.

About the visit to Purdue, Langford said, “The atmosphere was great. The students and fans were into it and the game was intense. I had a good time there.”

When it comes to Indiana, Langford said, “I liked the visit a lot. It was a fun game and the atmosphere at Assembly Hall was great.”

While the recruiting process is going well, Langford says he and his family and coaches aren’t focused on that right now.

“I don’t want to go all over the country and focus on recruiting, right now,” explained Langford. “I just want to focus on my team and help us win the state tournament.”

He got 44 against a bad team, but it is still hard to argue that there is a better player in the entire state.

If anyone can think of a better player, I'd like to hear a name.

New Albany defeated Charlestown 71 - 47.  "Langford — the Indiana Basketball Coaches Association Player of the Week in the state of Indiana, — followed his school record 44-point effort with 33 points against Charlestown (8-5).  The points came in a variety of ways. The 6-foot-4 sophomore carded more dunks (5) than he did 3-pointers (4)."  [From the New Albany News & Tribune]