Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

15 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

You were right that pro iu stuff would come out this week. Good call.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Preciate it. I've heard way too much of them wanting to visit again before yesterday to not think we weren't in for another spin in this. It's not just for show either, IU still has a shot in this.

18 minutes ago, 323SGrant said:

Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Didn't mean to come on harsh. Apparently majors are the next reason for the visit so he's obviously interested. Just have no clue if it's as much as Tim. IU has a great Journalism school & Kelley speaks for itself so I think the visit will be great and help us at least make it a tough decision at the very least.

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Bryce Drew: "The school that Romeo commits to, is the school he will go to. If he comes here, we will let him shoot the ball. And if it goes in, we get 2 or 3 points. It's important that he puts his jersey on before the game so we know that hes on our team. Its also important that he dribbles or passes the ball sometimes too. If 2 people are guarding him, then 3 guys are not."

This is gold and wouldn't be shocked if these words didn't actually come out of his mouth lol

Preciate it. I've heard way too much of them wanting to visit again before yesterday to not think we weren't in for another spin in this. It's not just for show either, IU still has a shot in this.
A good shot do you think?

Just now, Fkfootball1 said:

This isnt related to this recruitment and probably doesn't belong on this thread. But, does anybody know what Crean did to tick off the Irving family on his in-home. I've been wondering this?

It was more McLeod than Crean.  He was apparently pushing Kyrie to Duke all along.

Tim has said the decision is Romeo’s so even if he wants his son at IU but Romeo likes another school, then Romeo won’t go to IU.
Well at least the decision is not garlands as some had said. Garland will lose his mind if Romeo pucks iu. All he is left withtgen is shittu with his bad knee. That assumes shittu isn't ruled ineligible.

His assistant Roshown McLeod bad mouthed IU on the in home visit with Kyrie and talked up Duke. Then there is the urban legend that Crean took a dump in the Irving’s bathroom and clogged the toilet.
Mcleod hated working for Crean and screwed him over big time. Kyrie really liked IU up until that point. Just another blown opportunity.
So creans assistant told him to pick a different school?

2 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

.... I’ve never seen anything like it.

No kidding.  As I recall, word was out about how disastrous the visit was that same day or the next - I don't know how that info got around so fast, but we were totally eliminated by the time the visit was over.

Pretty much. We were the favorites to land him up until that in home visit. I’ve never seen anything like it. Irving would have been a huge get for the program and a great asset in the future given his stellar NBA career.
Unreal. I'm so glad crean is gone.

30 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Bryce Drew: "The school that Romeo commits to, is the school he will go to. If he comes here, we will let him shoot the ball. And if it goes in, we get 2 or 3 points. It's important that he puts his jersey on before the game so we know that hes on our team. Its also important that he dribbles or passes the ball sometimes too. If 2 people are guarding him, then 3 guys are not."

Don't forget "don't get your shot blocked"

13 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

You don't know that
Maybe be does pick vandy but you dont have any sources. Seems exhausting to me to put on a charade for six months.

Agreed. This isn't a movie that requires some sinister plot twist, they're just people trying to make an important decision. By most accounts they are decent people. So, if they choose KU or (especially) Vandy-@$$ they are making a really bad choice, but apparently not an uninformed one. 

Didn't mean to come on harsh. Apparently majors are the next reason for the visit so he's obviously interested. Just have no clue if it's as much as Tim. IU has a great Journalism school & Kelley speaks for itself so I think the visit will be great and help us at least make it a tough decision at the very least.

No prob. Appreciate your info. I hope Romeo gets more comfortable with IU and I’m glad that dad is sold on IU.

No prob. Appreciate your info. I hope Romeo gets more comfortable with IU and I’m glad that dad is sold on IU.

Dad is not dumb. I'm sure he has seen drew at work in the huddle talking about not getting your shot blocked!!!

I can’t quit laughing at this very well done.