Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I'm sorry but if RoMeO wasn't blown away by his reception at HH, the Northwestern game, and basically every high school game he played in this year with IU, he is not getting blown away.  

Not unless we bring on Ricky Pitino as a recruiting consultant

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I really like how this recruitment has played out. It’s refreshing to have a camp that keeps everything to themselves without a lot of fluff. Sure I want Romeo here but they haven’t led us on or suggested any school is the leader. I’m hoping he stays in-state but regardless this has been an entertaining recruitment to follow. 

4 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

That’s good for us then, because Tim likes Archie.

I know a big part of Archie’s recruiting philosophy is to recruit the parents as much as the player.

We had another coach who did that... seems like he turned out pretty good, at least for a good, long run.

Yep.  If Archie's appeal is that he's a good coach and good at getting the best out of his players (per Tim Langford), that's good enough for me.  I'll take that persona over salesman/wheeler dealer every time and sleep well if we lose high ranked targets.
It does seem that perhaps Mr. and Mrs. Langford may prefer IU and maybe (some feel) Romeo is drawn toward Garland.  I wouldn't want the roles reversed for any number of reasons.

For sure. I am sure over the years there were programs that wondered how Crean got players over their coach. I too prefer someone that can coach as opposed to sell. Because at some point players can see through salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm sorry but if RoMeO wasn't blown away by his reception at HH, the Northwestern game, and basically every high school game he played in this year with IU, he is not getting blown away.  
Louisville was his dream school. I don't think he is blow away by anyone else.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

Well said. I agree completely. My level of calm, during a year of struggle, is at an all time high. The guy can flat out coach and it’s only a matter of time before he gets talent in Bloomington.

I share that feeling 100%. 

Lots of talk this morning, but just like any other recruit when pro whatever school stuff comes out, they get some momentum. This one isn't over quite yet though and the fat lady hasn't hit a note yet. Fingers crossed, but I like what I've heard so far. Go get em Archie!! If not we'll get the next kid who wants to put on candy Stripes and I'm just fine with that.
You were right that pro iu stuff would come out this week. Good call.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk