Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

If Romeo's gonna announce at the McD's All-American game, that can only mean one thing -- he's going to play in B-town. The McD's game is in Atlanta, which is the site of our latest, greatest triumph -- our 2002 Final Four appearance. Also, what is McD's most famous menu item? The Big Mac. And where did Big Mac (George McGinnis) play college ball? At IU. Want more? Atlanta is in Georgia. The governor of that state is named Deal. Mark Deal is an IU assistant athletic director who's father, Russ, captained IU's 1945 football team, which went undefeated and won the Big Ten. When you break it all down scientifically, Romeo is sending signals that his decision is made: It's IU, baby. 

I know you're post is sarcastic but I don't think an announcement at the MCD game favors IU.  I doubt he'd announce right in front of Garland and Shittu that he's heading elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I know you're post is sarcastic but I don't think an announcement at the MCD game favors IU.  I doubt he'd announce right in front of Garland and Shittu that he's heading elsewhere. 

You're ridiculous lololol.. you act like he's telling them they are going to die the next day. They aren't a package deal. At all.. get over it. 

5 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Good point, Buzz Killington!

It would also fit what I've been saying in that he's known where he's going all along but doesn't want to hear the boos during his senior season.  It would also be an announcement out of state and after his season ends.  If it's IU he will announce in the Hoosier State.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

It would also fit what I've been saying in that he's known where he's going all along but doesn't want to hear the boos during his senior season.  It would also be an announcement out of state and after his season ends.  If it's IU he will announce in the Hoosier State.

Or... he's getting IU national exposure by announcing on ESPN....

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

How did the notion that Romeo is some little puppy following Darius Garland around even start? He's a big boy. He's going to make his own decision. 

Then it's IU all the way.  There's no other reason he'd even consider a crap program like Vandy.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Then it's IU all the way.  There's no other reason he'd even consider a crap program like Vandy.

I have no idea what Romeo is going to decide and neither does anyone else. If he goes to Vandy it'll be because he thinks it's the best opportunity for him, not because he's too scared to tell "Alpha Garland" no. 

How did the notion that Romeo is some little puppy following Darius Garland around even start? He's a big boy. He's going to make his own decision. 

Glass half empty crowd looking for every reason to justify why he wont come here in their head. Then it became logical to a small but loud group in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

To be clear... I was being sarcastic.  

I have no idea what he's going to do.  I just hope it's IU.  I do know that the Langfords have called this a "business decision."  If they announce in Atlanta, it's because it gets Romeo the most exposure.  They're creating a brand.  The likely know that he'll generate a lot of interest because he's the highest recruit left, and so it'll generate plenty of clicks.  Good for them.  I hope it's IU.