Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

Indiana v. Minnesota - Post Game Thread

The end of season swoon doesn't just mean losses. It means playing like crap. The team lost to Wisconsin and played terrible in a win vs Minnesota. We will find out if the swoon has officially started next week. Thankfully, Crean has done well vs Michigan. Lose that game though and it could mean trouble the rest of the way.

Lose to a Michigan team that has played well recently and only has 2 losses in the B1G?  I don't think that will lone loss would mean trouble the rest of the way.  They beat a pretty good Maryland team at home. 

Lose to a Michigan team that has played well recently and only has 2 losses in the B1G?  I don't think that will lone loss would mean trouble the rest of the way.  They beat a pretty good Maryland team at home. 

Depends on how we play. If we mail it in then the Crean end of season swoon may start early. If its three crappy games in a row from past experience I say that would be a trend worth worrying about.

And is the opposite true?  If we go into Michigan and hand them an L going away are we suddenly back to great basketball?  They've only lost two B1G games this season, both on the road and to top 20 teams.  Michigan might be without Lavert but they're a solid B1G team AND the game is on the road. 

And is the opposite true?  If we go into Michigan and hand them an L going away are we suddenly back to great basketball?  They've only lost two B1G games this season, both on the road and to top 20 teams.  Michigan might be without Lavert but they're a solid B1G team AND the game is on the road. 

Nah, but if we go there and win, handle PSU and then Iowa.  Then we will be back. 

I'm scared about Robert Johnson. Something is wrong. 6 3Pt shots attempted by him, won't drive inside for anything. Has to be hurt

Definitely shooting touch has deserted him, but the kid had 8 defensive rebounds so he's certainly not afraid to mix it up inside.  He tied with TB for most rebounds in today's game.  He also only had 1 TO

Lose to a Michigan team that has played well recently and only has 2 losses in the B1G? I don't think that will lone loss would mean trouble the rest of the way. They beat a pretty good Maryland team at home.

Then we disagree. I have zero faith in Creans teams to bounce back and finish strong after the swoon starts. I think Michigan is the key game. Lose that and you have lost 2/3 and the game you won was against a terrible gopher team, that you played terrible in. That doesn't bode well when you have to play Iowa 2x, Purdue, MSU, and Maryland. Beat Michigan and PSU, while playing good ball and the confidence can grow. So next week is huge. need to be playing well when Iowa rolls into Bloomington.

Not sure if you guys remember the OSU game when DD kept pointing out that OSU was laying way off our perimeter guys letting us easily set up the offense.

Wisconsin and Minnesota both applied pressure on our guards and disrupted our preferred flow of the offense. Not major pressure but just enough that we could not easily set up the offense

If we lose to Michigan and Penn State then the swoon will have hit

Next 2 games scare me. Michigan just isn't that good on paper IMO. Pretty soft schedule like us. And Penn St on the road will not be easy. Chambers teams are usually a grind it out and physical battle. Next 4 is a tough stretch.

Anyways, it's time for OG and Morgan to get more minutes!!! These 2 always seem to be in the right spot and both play good D. Need to cut into NZ's minutes bc he is too streaky for me. And if he isn't hitting his shot, he offers nothing. I'm also with the rest of you guys on Troy and this point forward thing CTC is trying to make him. ITS NOT WORKING!! That ship has sailed a loooong time ago. Stop living that dream Crean!!

Not sure if you guys remember the OSU game when DD kept pointing out that OSU was laying way off our perimeter guys letting us easily set up the offense.

Wisconsin and Minnesota both applied pressure on our guards and disrupted our preferred flow of the offense. Not major pressure but just enough that we could not easily set up the offense

I am sure this will be the template to be used against us for the rest of the season now. If Minnie had that much success then......

I am sure this will be the template to be used against us for the rest of the season now. If Minnie had that much success then......

Probably. But we will have to adjust. If we run less weave and look for opportunities for TB down low or if Yogi can find s midrange jumper the pressure up high may decrease. IF

Junk game. Glad we got the W. OG is legit. OG not hitting 3s like before but doing everything else. TB was a man. Rob looks less athletic than Jordan Hulls. Very disappointed in what he has been doing. That D was disgusting. Not feeling good about this team and we are 8-1.

Still seeing 12-6 or 13-5 finish.

Junk game. Glad we got the W. OG is legit. OG not hitting 3s like before but doing everything else. TB was a man. Rob looks less athletic than Jordan Hulls. Very disappointed in what he has been doing. That D was disgusting. Not feeling good about this team and we are 8-1.

Still seeing 12-6 or 13-5 finish.

I see us with at least 7 if not 9 L's...hope I'm wrong

Ok, let me start by following up on a post I made after the Nebraska game. Someone posted that we would likely win the next 7 games and I thought they were bonkers. I went as far as to say I would be happy going 5-2 over the next 7 with the way our group was playing. So, sad performance today but overall very happy as a fan. We went 6-1 through the easy part of the B1G schedule. Here is to hoping the defense picks back up and that the 3s start dropping again.

They couldnt stop TB down low. Sad thing is our players dont even understand what is or how to make a post pass. You never see a dribble to get in position to make a pass and this has been a trademark of a Crean coached team. Defense just horrible. We play man to man tight with no concept of help defense unless its to hedge on a screen where we get beat for a layup. The 2-3 zone actually slowed down the O'phers incredible offense. We suck so bad at man to man maybe we should use it more often.