Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

B10 Basketball Recruiting Thread

43 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Torrence Watson decommited from Ohio State. 

Illness in the family. Rumors around Whitfield aren't good.

4 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

Someone tell the Purdue fans to calm down. He's not another Swanigan 

I don't think they're that thrilled with the commitment.

They're building a team, no hate.  I'm really pumped to see what becomes of Forrester as a Hoosier.  Let them be excited about getting ED.  (hehehe)  This guy is 6'11", and so they'll just hang onto this notion that you have to have a 7' center to succeed.  I think they're now just hoping for Eric Hunter to commit, and they'll have a fine 3 man class.  As I understand it, Hunter is likely a Purdue lean, but OSU was looking very good but less so now with some other guard commitments expected.  Minnesota is still in it, and Hunter goes there this weekend.  

30 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I don't think they're that thrilled with the commitment.

They're building a team, no hate.  I'm really pumped to see what becomes of Forrester as a Hoosier.  Let them be excited about getting ED.  (hehehe)  This guy is 6'11", and so they'll just hang onto this notion that you have to have a 7' center to succeed.  I think they're now just hoping for Eric Hunter to commit, and they'll have a fine 3 man class.  As I understand it, Hunter is likely a Purdue lean, but OSU was looking very good but less so now with some other guard commitments expected.  Minnesota is still in it, and Hunter goes there this weekend.  

I just didn't like how they think our class isnt balanced and Archie is just throwing darts at the board. Archie is doing the opposite and every recruit has the versatility to fit in his system. I think Archie will be Purdues cryptonite. As coach Knoght said "I'm tired of getting beat by Purdue".

16 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I just didn't like how they think our class isnt balanced and Archie is just throwing darts at the board. Archie is doing the opposite and every recruit has the versatility to fit in his system. I think Archie will be Purdues cryptonite. As coach Knoght said "I'm tired of getting beat by Purdue".

I don't think you should be concerned about Purdue. They've got 2 commits outside the top 100 and another possibility in Hunter who is also outside the top 100. We've got players already that are better than any of theirs and looking to add Romeo and Garland. Purdue is the least of our worries.

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I don't think you should be concerned about Purdue. They've got 2 commits outside the top 100 and another possibility in Hunter who is also outside the top 100. We've got players already that are better than any of theirs and looking to add Romeo and Garland. Purdue is the least of our worries.

I mean, that's pretty flippant statement about the defending B1G champ. Painter is a real solid coach who has demonstrated some improved recruiting and player development. They aren't going away, but I'm confident Archie will be more than they can handle.

Just now, Iugradman said:

Our 2018 class will absolutely be better than Purdue's. Hunter is a borderline five star talent and we have the potential to land two consensus five stars to this class.

PUke fans need to accept that IU will finally consistently outrecruit Porkchop. Clappy ain't around anymore. Archie doesn't throw darts at a board.

It's a breath of fresh air to have a Coach that actual gets the recruits he wants to fill the system he implements. Only left to do is win games. I'm not worried about Purdue because the future is bright.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I mean, that's pretty flippant about the defending B1G champ. Painter is a real solid coach who has demonstrated some improved recruiting and player development. They aren't going away, but I'm confident Archie will be more than they can handle.

I meant recruits coming in, not currently on the team. They'll be good this year but I expect a significant drop off the following year.

5 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I meant recruits coming in, not currently on the team. They'll be good this year but I expect a significant drop off the following year.

Yes, but I think these recruits are quite in-line with the kind that Painter has been pulling of late, Swanigan excluded. He's good enough to make fringe 100-200 ranked players into a formidable team.