Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Rob Johnson Appreciation Thread

Great post! Rojo seems fundamentally refined playing within himself. Players ought - rebound, defend, minimize TOs and hit FTs. This is the core identity of teams and players that win. He does most of these things, although you would like to see an increase in FT %. Keep up the good work, RJ!

I don't think he's the best player on the team, but I have little doubt that he is the most reliably good player.

With defense and offense being taken into account, I still think he is. It is definitely up for debate though

I was just saying this yesterday at the game, and talking about the differences between Yogi and Rojo.
I love Yogi and he's our best player, no doubt. But what I love about Rojo running point is that he isn't necessarily a "scoring threat". He will occasionally drive to the basket, but he's usually level headed and good at finding someone to make something happen. Yogi is more of a scoring threat which can sometimes cause more possible turnovers. (In no way am I knocking on Yogi) He will be an amazing 4 year player and I hope he'll be a great leader.

Love RoJo's game this year and his shot looks like it's going in every time he shoots it recently. His TOrate is still a bit high but he's good at making the solid pass rather than the highlight pass. He also looks like he genuinely cares about defending. I can't wait to see how he and Hartman do as the upperclassmen leaders next season.