Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

Oh hey, the game ended. Indiana v. IPFW post-game thread

Crean sets record amounts of Deflections when asked questions that go against him

Almost on cue:

Chris Goff (@CgoffJG)
12/9/15, 7:31 PM

Crean: "The bottom line is we had to make a lot of adjustments. We had a lot of great personal numbers. Rob got 13 deflections." #iubb

OK--I am as bummed as the next IU diehard about where we are as a team right now but there were some good things tonight too.

Troy is playing harder (even if not always smarter). 19 rebounds and 5 blocks is great in a D1 BBall game and he is starting to draw fouls and make free throws which he should be able to do against anyone.  7-11 tonight on free throws.

Bielfeldt continues to impress. His stat line in limited minutes is solid. 5/7 fg for 11 points with 8 rebounds in only about 17-18 minutes.

RoJo was solid as well including 5/5 from 3-point range for 16 points.

Yogi went off--incredible stat line--38 points on 12/18 fg shooting and 10/10 from free throw line plus 5 rebounds and 5 assists.

Definitely good offensive stats once again.  Radio said the defense was a little better/improving.  Let's hope that is true as we held them to a low percentage but it seems we took a step back from the performance against Morehead State. As has been discussed the 17 turnovers is WAY TOO MANY. Keep working Hoosiers!

Does anyone who watched the game think JBJ is in the doghouse? I know he was in foul trouble in the first half and I had to go to a meeting for the second half.  What happened?  Did he pick up more fouls as he didn't log his usual minutes...or is Crean finally using the pine to motivate????  I am a fan of that by the way!

@akmccarthy: Crean says Thomas Bryant's dealing with "injury situations and things like that that are internal." #iubb

Umm, what??

He's been wearing a boot forever. I think Crean is just saying it's minor and they don't intend on letting it beyond the locker room. That may not be correct, but call it an educated guess based on what I've heard. 

He's been wearing a boot forever. I think Crean is just saying it's minor and they don't intend on letting it beyond the locker room. That may not be correct, but call it an educated l guess based on what I've heard. 

OR... CTC's crafted an excuse to be openly discussed in that other thread (you all know which one)...

Listened to the first half, and like 3 minutes of the 2nd half when the work phone (iPhone 5) died. Personal phone (Galaxy S4) didn't have the battery life so missed the 2nd half. They win, so that's good, right? On an unrelated note, my trees lost to Valpo, but Donnie freaking Baker was in the house. This is my Zorah Shrine brother. I swear to God he is.

i feel bad for all parties at this point. The fans, the players, Crean, etc... It's almost a no win situation anymore. The hope and trust is gone with the fans and they are tired of all of this. The players have a lot of pressure on them. Winning, NBA, coaches job. Crean is trying so hard I'm sure, must honestly suck to be in this situation. It's all piled up now. Hard to right the ship with 1 or 2 games and even then no one will have faith anyway.

I think you speak for a lot of people when you say you're tired of it.  I still want to know whether or not the administration cares if Indiana is a nationally relevant and consistently winning basketball program.  I would find it very sad if not.....but this season looks very familiar, and coaches at other high profile programs in many sports are fired for far less than what Crean's put IU fans through.

I said a couple of weeks ago I'm done pounding on HIM.  But he has brought a ton of this on himself.  Indiana is a unique, special place.  You cannot succeed with this fan base by BS-ing them.  You cannot bring "the wrong kids" into this program, not win with them, and then expect sympathy.  The formula is too engrained.  I'm tired of hearing how much things have changed.   All that's changed is the access to kids and some of the influence of shoe companies and AAU coaches.  Indiana has proven it can still get top talent, so now we need to be picky.  I've heard Indiana players have high basketball IQ.  They're leaders.  They understand what it means to wear the jersey.  They move.  They guard.  They compete all the time.  They take smart shots.  They value the ball.   Right now?  That sounds more like Purdue and Wisconsin than Indiana.   And it makes me very sad.  I've heard "it can't happen anymore," and it always comes back to "Bob Knight's not coming back."  No, he's not.  But look at what's happening in West Lafayette and Madison, and tell me "it can't happen anymore."   Bull crap.  

The entity is not going to be high profile or elite much longer.  Indiana basketball has a brand.  We are either going to choose to uphold it, or this is the kind of basketball and kind of season we can all get used to.  Sigh.

I only listened to game so can't say much except these easy games we should be working on our problems like defense and not turning the ball over but instead we keep playing the same way and doing the same mistakes. That is aggravating and should put the fear of god in all of us that this is just how this season is going to go. It can't fix what you don't work on. Maybe in practice they do but obviously there dead set on playing the same in games. That is all

Almost on cue:

Chris Goff (@CgoffJG)
12/9/15, 7:31 PM

Crean: "The bottom line is we had to make a lot of adjustments. We had a lot of great personal numbers. Rob got 13 deflections." #iubb

The hits just keep coming:

@CgoffCJ
Crean sticking up for Bryant. "Easy to look at the stat sheet and say he had an off night, but I have a different view," Crean said. #iubb

Color me confused.

Is this coachspeak for "Sometimes you feel like a nut...sometimes you don't."