Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

OFFICIAL: Ferrell returns for Senior Season

Well I honestly think it won't happen!  As this takes on a life of its own and goes viral the plethora of negative feedback will make him think twice about this and for sure (I would logically think) his parents!

I was close... well maybe it still won't take place who knows!

@GaryParrishCBS: Indiana star Yogi Ferrell plans to announce he’s returning for his senior year, a source told @CBSSports. Story: http://t.co/CktaWGuWsU

Excellent. Now we can start getting excited. This is officially an Elite Eight team, at a minimum.

Ok so why did he make us wait like that. Why all the anxiety and hype and silliness. He could have told us this a while ago feels like, and saved us all the drama 

Some say that Yogi's announcement for IU was tainted because the press leaked it before he could; and now this announcement gets over-shadowed by a gruesome murder of a coed.   Why announce at this point?  Just come back and play basketball.  Where else are you gonna' go?  

@GaryParrishCBS: Indiana star Yogi Ferrell plans to announce he’s returning for his senior year, a source told @CBSSports. Story: http://t.co/CktaWGuWsU

So after all this, the huge announcement gets leaked anyway.

Good news for all involved.  Not sure why the big production, but good news nevertheless.  I expect great things next season; and I expect a recruiting focus on top local (Midwest) kids who will see this team and where it's going.

Now...who goes?  Priller and April?   Someone else?   Next season, Ferrell, Zeisloft, and probably Williams and Blackmon are gone, and perhaps another defection or two.   The 2016 recruiting class is huge and there is a ton of talent in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio.    Love the news, and all it does is excite me for the next 12 months.