Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

OFFICIAL: Ferrell returns for Senior Season

I have to say, I HATE that Yogi and DocLibby have to constantly defend themselves against OUR fans. I am the first to be critical of Crean, as he's a paid employee. I am also very critical of players performance in-game. However, I always have OUR player's backs regarding the team and program.

Yogi is a phenomenal talent and I love that he chose IU. I like what DocLibby does as well. Is this presser above and beyond? Yes. Is it a bad decision? Maybe? But I have Yogis back through all this. The kid has big dreams and he's getting pulled in all directions. It can't be easy, thus we should be supportive.

All the D league talk/bashing is lowbrow. The Ferrell's know Yogis draft status better than any of us. I think he should return for a variety of reasons but I'll have his back no matter what. Blind loyalty in this case. I'll trust Doc and Yogi to make the best choice.
If this is all for hype and media attention, so be it.

That all being said, I hope Yogi returns and caps off a historic career! But if not, best wishes Yogi. Once a Hoosier, always a Hoosier!! :)

your sentiment matches 90% of the posts on here. There will always be a few extremes but don't really see the need for the ferrell's to defend anything. It's a strange announcement in many ways... Oh well

People, people, people.  There is something bigger going on behind the scenes and the steak dinner is not merely an announcement platform for Yogi.  And if I later have to eat these words, rest assured, it won't be steak from Ruth's Chris but more like beans from Campbell's.

Don't let me EXTREME displeasure in the way this is getting announced fool you, love yogi as a player, Doc as a player's mom. Will never wish him ill will. If he goes pro then it was clearly the best decision for them all.

My beef is with the way this is going. Nobody else is doing this, why are you? I have my guesses...

I respect your opinion. I actually agree with your sentiment. My thoughts and emotions were formed more from twitter and Facebook reactions than from BTB.

Not specific to this event, but I just wish our fanbase was more cohesive. The twitter hate is ugly.

Oh by the way, I blame Crean, of course. Haha

I am sure there is a strategy somewhere in this public announcement.

Hopefully it is to gather momentum during the off season and he is publically going to challenge the the team to be dedicated to the highest standard, the fan base to have faith, and Thon to be the last commit of 15-16.

By the way, who likes Hollandaise on their Filet?  ...this guy does :thankyou:

Maybe it has nothing to do with basketball at all. Since it is a family event, maybe he is proposing to his sweetie or even just announcing an engagement. What a psych out by doing it on that date. Gets everybody a-talkin....stirs up the fans.

Well then they would be flat out lying about the purpose of the event...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1429016702.426971.jpg http://sbnation.com/e/8171230?utm_campaign=crimsonquarry&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I despise that site. All their "articles" are written about tweets or stealing information from these forums for their posts. 100% click bait. No real value.

I despise that site. All their "articles" are written about tweets or stealing information from these forums for their posts. 100% click bait. No real value.

I agree, I just found it interesting.