Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

Thoughts on WSU Coach Gregg Marshall

Too many of you gentlemen and ladies maybe are too wrapped around the axle on the man's appearance.

Presumably he has clean clothes, wears a coat and tie and doesn't have cow s*** on his shoes right.

Grant looked a little sloppy, and an affinity to the grain but all he did was win!

We hire the man for his strengths.  Ostensibly, winning is the hallmark here, right?

Grant also had the mighty northeastern industrial machine plus all the gold California could mine vs cotton and indigo farmers and nearly 80% +of the oppositions population and immigrants, but that's another topic for another day. I do think we agree on Marshall though. Funny thing is he is from the south.

Grant also had the mighty northeastern industrial machine plus all the gold California could mine vs cotton and indigo farmers and nearly 80% +of the oppositions population and immigrants, but that's another topic for another day. I do think we agree on Marshall though. Funny thing is he is from the south.

Which proves you can live in a target-rich environment (Indiana), have a gung-ho fan base as there is, State Legislature support, etc, etc, like you mention and still not get what... the frickin' job done!  -Precisely my point young Schoosier.

Are you suggesting that the realtor report on Creans house is not actual news?

Did I miss something amongst the discourse of Creans wing tips being suade and if this was a fashion crime? Marshalls horizontal striped tie makes him appear fatter than he actually is.. I dunno about this guy..

Which proves you can live in a target-rich environment (Indiana), have a gung-ho fan base as there is, State Legislature support, etc, etc, like you mention and still not get what... the frickin' job done!  -Precisely my point young Schoosier.

It's been a long time if ever someone at BTown called me young, but I'm starting to like you a lot. Or as our current coach would say, "A whole lot".

Did anyone else notice that marshall just took down Kansas? Another Sweet 16? Wow! I think i might be a little impressed

I know I posted yesterday about him not being the best choice. Let's just say he might be changing my mind, as much as my opinion matters...which isn't much

Yeah you have been beating it so hard Im surprised there is not a hole in it . I don't consider a win against IU or Kansas to be much of a accomplishment this year. The powers at be need to beat the best options drum until they can't beat it no more. I don't consider Marshall to be the best option.

I've been beating the Gregg Marshall drum for awhile now. Beating IU and Kansas just further cements in my mind that he is the best option of all realistic candidates. (sorry Stevens and Donovan aren't coming)

Why do you think Stevens won't come? I've not heard from any worthy source that he has said a hard "no". But I agree Marshall is my next choice!

Why do you think Stevens won't come? I've not heard from any worthy source that he has said a hard "no". But I agree Marshall is my next choice!

I think he has a good thing going in Boston. They are promising to make upgrades to the team. He already has them on the brink of the playoffs (terrible East). Even moderate changes make them a yearly playoff team until they can land some stars. They have the draft picks to make moves going forward to land quality players via trade or using the pick. Boston could beat any offer IU can.

Basically he would have to come to IU bc it's his dream job and he would have to take it on IUs terms bc I don't feel the school is going to wait a few years for a maybe.

As for not saying no....he isn't saying yes either. I heard he won't respond to IU when they put out feelers. He isnt the guy to discuss any job occupied by another coach. So if it's Stevens or bust, IU has to have its ducks in a row, fire Crean, and have a massive offer ready for Stevens.

I agree with you though. I would love Stevens bc it unites the fanbase. I also think Marshall is a homerun/slam dunk as well. He will just have doubters from those who only want Stevens

Yeah you have been beating it so hard Im surprised there is not a hole in it . I don't consider a win against IU or Kansas to be much of a accomplishment this year. The powers at be need to beat the best options drum until they can't beat it no more. I don't consider Marshall to be the best option.

Yep, give me Archie Miller if I can't get Stevens and I am happy.  Bloodlines show he can recruit at this stage.  What he has done this early in his career is impressive.  Marshall is one hell of a coach.  He is a top 30 coach.  But I would hope he is what Crean was when we hired him.  That is our third option.  I was happy with Crean as our third option.  I would be the same with Marshall, but as long as he is not our first I would be thrilled.  I don't see him leaving his comfort zone.  I think this conversation about Marshall is all for nothing.  Hell of a coach though.