Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Fulkme15

Will 1 more win do it?

As of right now, IU is predicted to be an 11 seed. I know we are struggling right now, but I think if we win our first big ten tourney game, and play a good second game we are in. I think the selection committee wants IU back in the tourney. I think if we win our first two games its a guarantee we are In. Thoughts anyone on what it will take to be in the tourney?

Pretty much agree with all of this. We have an even better shot if stolen bids are limited. 1 win I feel somewhat confident. 2 wins we're a lock.

I'm worried about the "stolen bids" not a fan of northern Iowa being down by 8 right now

Two wins and we are in.  That is a win against NW, nothing special, and a win against Maryland.  The win against Maryland would be another top 25 RPI win.  A single BTT win against NW will not guarantee an NCAAT invite.  There will be some bids stolen in the mid-major tourneys.

I'm worried about the "stolen bids" not a fan of northern Iowa being down by 8 right now

They're starting to roll a little bit. They were down 18 at one point. Hopefully they can pull it out.

I honestly felt we were eliminated after losing to Mich St. Was shocked to wake up this morning and read all this stuff about us still not only being on the bubble, but still in for some people. Don't feel like we deserve to be in. Some teams will miss the tourney and be ticked if we make it.

I honestly felt we were eliminated after losing to Mich St. Was shocked to wake up this morning and read all this stuff about us still not only being on the bubble, but still in for some people. Don't feel like we deserve to be in. Some teams will miss the tourney and be ticked if we make it.

The way we are playing right now is not a tourney worthy but the entire body of work has some good wins.  Believe it or not we have a pretty solid SOS and some good wins.  The SMU and Butler wins are proving to be good wins.  Looking back if we didn't forget how to play basketball in the 2nd half against GTown we would be solidly in the field.

As much as I absolutely hate IU not being in the tourney we don't deserve to make it. There are teams on the bubble that have been playing better basketball here at the end of the season. This Hoosier team was a lock early on but right now they are horrible!
They really need to make a run in the B1G tourney too have a shot.

I agree with 2 wins, we're in no question. With 1, I think its a coin toss, but it helps UK is still undefeated and the committee would love to match the last undefeated team with this year's UK team. If that happens, I think we loose by 30 vs UK.

Really, this is where I'm at. If we back into a tourney bid and then crap out first round whats the point. Hard to argue a team thats lost 8 of 12 deserves it.

Took the words out of my mouth....heck I wouldn't be mad if we decided to skip the NIT like last year