Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FortWayneHoosier

IU vs. MSU Postgame

I have to say I'm sick & tired of seeing all the talk about Crean being fired, or wanting a new coach. I mean he did a pretty good job rebuilding the program considering where it was when he took over, but I'm just left so confused over some games. I hate his inconsistency with games, and I feel like we've given him plenty of talent and chances to do great things throughout the seasons but he's just choked. I don't know where he goes from here, but something has to change.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I have to say I'm sick & tired of seeing all the talk about Crean being fired, or wanting a new coach. I mean he did a pretty good job rebuilding the program considering where it was when he took over, but I'm just left so confused over some games. I hate his inconsistency with games, and I feel like we've given him plenty of talent and chances to do great things throughout the seasons but he's just choked. I don't know where he goes from here, but something has to change.

Exactly!!! Everyone should, and I think will, be so thankful for what Coach Crean did. He came in when others wouldn't, and did an incredible job.

Because of him, we got to watch Jordan Hulls, Zeller, Watford, Victor, Sheehey, and others. Some may have come anyway, but you never know.

I'm in the same boat, a change has to be made!

Not according to Kravitz....HA

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]@bkravitz The clock now begins ticking on Tom Crean. No other way to look at it. Tournament or bust next year. Column on [/size][/font]http://wthr.com[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif] later.[/size][/font]

If we keep Crean past next season just because we make the tourney I have no faith in the higher ups. Would question how much they care about winning

Well I'm probably one of the last holdouts up until now, but it's gotta be time for a change.  Based upon the talent on this team, there's no reason to miss the NCAA tournament, or even be on the bubble for that matter.

PG - 5 star

SG - 5 star

SF - 4 star, top 50 player

PF - 4 star, top 50 player

C - 4 star, top 50 player

There just aren't any excuses.  The results speak louder than anything.

PG - 5 star

SG - 5 star

SF - 4 star, top 50 player

PF - 4 star, top 50 player

C - 4 star, top 50 player

Coach Starman     

This is Major Tom to Ground Control.

Lunardi has us as last 4 in...

Texas is last four out and they are up on a decent Kansas State team now and Illinois State just upset Witcha State also. It will be interesting to see where we are at the end of the day. 

No question about that. What does that have to do with Crean's practices? Seems to me it's more about the dogs in the fight.
Crean hasn't run them ragged. He never has... It's a story that has gotten around from other coaches in the business who use it against Crean in recruiting. You guys eat it up. All the coaches love Peegs because our fans will believe anything.

I know of one player that disagrees with you. He was ragged at the end of the season. What happened SSQ? I thought your defending Crean days were over?

No question about that. What does that have to do with Crean's practices? Seems to me it's more about the dogs in the fight.

Crean hasn't run them ragged. He never has... It's a story that has gotten around from other coaches in the business who use it against Crean in recruiting. You guys eat it up. All the coaches love Peegs because our fans will believe anything.

What's your reasoning for Crean teams to stumble down the stretch?  Once, in his tenure at IU his tam played their best ball to close the season.  How can other coaches have their teams playing better as the season goes along but IU, under Crean, doesn't finish strong?

Also, I don't read peegs and have no idea who/what is posted over there.

Texas is last four out and they are up on a decent Kansas State team now and Illinois State just upset Witcha State also. It will be interesting to see where we are at the end of the day.

Yeah good point. I was just surprised we were still considered "in".

What's your reasoning for Crean teams to stumble down the stretch? Once, in his tenure at IU his tam played their best ball to close the season. How can other coaches have their teams playing better as the season goes along but IU, under Crean, doesn't finish strong?

Also, I don't read peegs and have no idea who/what is posted over there.

And once when he was the coach at Marquette - the DWade year

Agreed.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2015/03/07/doyel-missed-free-throw-yogis-last-hoosier-home-hurrah/24570293/

Yogi's fate might be linked with CTC's hmmm?

Wow. This was telling. My takeaway: Unless Crean is back and Thon or Bryant is here next year, Yogi is GONE.