Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Alford Bailey

Recruiting Momentum

We seem to have lost a lot of momentum in recruiting. Many quality recruits have passed, we brought in 2 guys this year that will never see the floor and the 2 guys so far for 2015 aren't in the top 100 and dont fill a need (as in point guard or low post). Why would many kids rather go sit the bench somewhere else instead of coming here and get immediate playing time? Is it the system, Crean's personality, perceived drug issues, small town Btown? Thoughts?

???

Trust me I am more confused than you where this came from. I am far more objective than the average person and this subject really perplexes me. Oh and I am not the biggest Crean fan either. Hope that helps confuse you more.

Who committed recently that showed this?

Edit: It's a lot simpler than your in depth analysis. I know you want to feel it is Crean due to your hatred for all things Crean. That's fine. Perception is reality and your perception is Crean is the anti-christ. He is part of the problem, due to his inability to keep Kenny Johnson here. Shockingly recruits actually like the system and the freedom it allows. Crean shockingly has got back to back bigs in the lottery and provide a platform for multiple 4 stars over the years to play in the NBA. I for one would rather have fits for the system than "stars". Max, Emmitt, Vic, Will, jordy, and so forth weren't qualified enough to be here. But they fit. They fit better than Hollowell, Hanner, Noah, and Nick Williams. If we "miss" on 5 stars that would fit here, I will be as pissed as the next guy. But here in February of 2015 I have absolutely no idea who we missed on or lost out on due to Crean being the devil.

LOL, you are a moderator?

Theo Pinson
Trey Lyles
Isaiah Whitehead
Devin Robinson
Dwayne Morgan
Goodluck Okonoboh
Leron Black
Dion Wiley
Jakeenan Gant
Ahmed Hill
Chinanu Onauku
Phil Booth
Marvin Clark
Tum Tum Nairn
Donovan Mitchell
Jalen Coleman
Malachi Richardson
Jaquan Lyle
Ray Spalding
Daniel Giddens
Jimmy Whitt
Matt McQuaid
Bryant Crawford
Shake Milton
Kenny Williams
Eron Harris
Trevor Thompson
Anthony Lee

Who committed recently that showed this?
Edit: It's a lot simpler than your in depth analysis. I know you want to feel it is Crean due to your hatred for all things Crean. That's fine. Perception is reality and your perception is Crean is the anti-christ. He is part of the problem, due to his inability to keep Kenny Johnson here. Shockingly recruits actually like the system and the freedom it allows. Crean shockingly has got back to back bigs in the lottery and provide a platform for multiple 4 stars over the years to play in the NBA. I for one would rather have fits for the system than "stars". Max, Emmitt, Vic, Will, jordy, and so forth weren't qualified enough to be here. But they fit. They fit better than Hollowell, Hanner, Noah, and Nick Williams. If we "miss" on 5 stars that would fit here, I will be as pissed as the next guy. But here in February of 2015 I have absolutely no idea who we missed on or lost out on due to Crean being the devil.

Shockingly, Crean can't coach and the recruits have figured it out long after many of us fans and alumni have. With our need for a big this year and next, 5 star recruits should be busting down the doors to get to Bloomington but April and Priller are all that sign. I know you don't think its Crean due to your love fest with him. Shockingly, recruits like to play for championship coaches and not one that has gotten past the sweet 16 once in their very mediocre career. I for one would rather have a coach that actually earns his check on the sidelines instead of talking about winning and the Indiana way when he can't back it up. Crean's not the devil he's just a terrible coach. All the players a coach signs is worthy to be here. Its how they are coached up to dtermine if they're champions.

Theo Pinson
Trey Lyles
Isaiah Whitehead
Devin Robinson
Dwayne Morgan
Goodluck Okonoboh
Leron Black
Dion Wiley
Jakeenan Gant
Ahmed Hill
Chinanu Onauku
Phil Booth
Marvin Clark
Tum Tum Nairn
Donovan Mitchell
Jalen Coleman
Malachi Richardson
Jaquan Lyle
Ray Spalding
Daniel Giddens
Jimmy Whitt
Matt McQuaid
Bryant Crawford
Shake Milton
Kenny Williams
Eron Harris
Trevor Thompson
Anthony Lee

what do these guys have in common? These are high to middle targets IU has had in the last 2 years and instead signed Priller and April who are incapable of playing meaningful minutes. We have GLARING need for a BIG and just sent 2 to the league which is the ultimate goal and yet still can't sign a serviceable big man. Explain that. Maybe this is less confusing?????