Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

9 hours ago, Trish said:

Gosh I wish Indiana Basketball was a great program like UCONN. 

Well, in 2019 IU beat UCONN in Madison Square Garden in an ugly defensive game (57-54).  That was Archie's 3rd year at IU and Hurley's 2nd year at Connecticut.  The trajectories of the programs went in the opposite direction since that game. 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

This made me chuckle.

I was busy working yesterday, and only caught the last few minutes of the Bama-Clemson game. They were almost going out of their way to NOT shoot 2s. In fact, if it wasn't a drive or a putback attempt, they were pretty much just chuckin' it from the cheap seats.

We almost go out of our way to NOT shoot 3s. 

Sigh ... 

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Please drop this in the mail to Woodson 

:)

That looks like similar to some of the Indiana State recaps I saw.
 I’d like to see a dot plot of the shots we took during many of our “long two” games. Probably would be so bad it would almost be funny.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I gotcha! This is UConn’s shot chart vs Illinois last night.

IMG_3359.jpeg

Probably a dumb question but where are you getting these?

I’d like to know so I can look at some of the IU games.

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I gotcha! This is UConn’s shot chart vs Illinois last night.

IMG_3359.jpeg

And this is IU’s in our season ending loss against Nebraska:

IMG_3355.jpeg

Thanks for this. Looks like UConn does shoot a little bit further out than Bama, but still within a few feet of the rim. Whereas IU is shooting from anywhere and everywhere. Reinforces the idea that the style of play hasn’t adjusted to modern analytics. So we don’t know what an actual good shot is. 

I find myself, rather disgustingly, rooting for Purdue today.  It appears my 7 year old son will win our neighborhood bracket challenge if Purdue wins the championship and UConn does not go to the championship game.  He picked all the games entirely on his own and is currently in 2nd place.  

4 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

I find myself, rather disgustingly, rooting for Purdue today.  It appears my 7 year old son will win our neighborhood bracket challenge if Purdue wins the championship and UConn does not go to the championship game.  He picked all the games entirely on his own and is currently in 2nd place.  

I am rooting for them too. The state of Indiana as a whole needs another title 

If this comes down to UCONN vs Purdue, I am not sure who I want to win! I am so sick of UCONN's fanboy announcers who nearly have an orgasm after every play they make, I find UCONN's fans to be very annoying, and I may be the only person in America that Dan Hurley just rubs the wrong way and I'm not crazy about his wife either! So, at this point, I may be secretly rooting for Purdue, because despite the rivalry, I find their coach, their players, and their fans a lot more likable! 
Easy for me. UCONN is the lesser of 2 "evils"

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk