Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

So angry we didn’t create a big ten bubble 

Bubble and college students who go to classes at their universities? Not sure how that could have worked.

it’s a lose/lose situation. Games will be missed but so many are still being played. 

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Bubble and college students who go to classes at their universities? Not sure how that could have worked.

it’s a lose/lose situation. Games will be missed but so many are still being played. 

My neighbor just got a masters without setting foot in a class room. It’s doable. My wife’s course got moved to 100% online.  

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

One of the most unfortunate aspects of this virus is that it is stealing the college experience that these kids should have had. Don't want to get into a COVID argument, but these are years and experiences that the kids will never get back. Young people are resilient and they will undoubtedly be fine, but it just seems a shame. As a senior, I feel bad that they are sacrificing for me. But yeah, the bubble seems impractical.

10 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Hoosier Guy said: "Sports is sports and politics is politics. The two don't coincide."

_______

"We live in  a political world where courage is a thing of the past." Bob Dylan.

I guess if you want to take life advice from Bob Dylan..  then that's your choice. 

Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

"I guess if you want to take life advice from Bob Dylan..  then that's your choice." 

It has nothing to do with "life advice." It is an observation that happens to be both insightful and applicable to the subject discussed, i.e, politics not courage drives the administration of college sports.

Hey all--You don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows;  this is the college basketball thread. 

Everyone is being respectful, but if we stay on topic we are destined for sadness. So....back on topic please.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey all--You don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows;  this is the college basketball thread. 

Everyone is being respectful, but if we stay on topic we are destined for sadness. So....back on topic please.

Thanks

Pffft...you really think weatherman know what they're talking about??

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

“Outside influences. 100% outside influences. It’s the world we live in, it’s better to steal than to work and earn things. It’s take the easy way out. I think there were people involved who saw where they could benefit, maybe profit, and work very diligently to get him out.”

Wowsa.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Sad , just sad.

Michigan playing out of their minds. Up 40-23 on Wisconsin at the half.

Livers and Wagner’s length and athleticism are really disrupting Wisconsin’s offense. And those two don’t miss many threes, tough to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners